Monday, February 2, 2015

Meal Plan Monday


Happy Monday!  I hope y'all had a god weekend, and that your team won the Superbowl (I was pulling for the Seahawks since I think Tom Brady is a big jerk, but I really don't care either way)!  Today I'm sharing our dinner menu for the week for Meal Plan Monday!


We're finished with our Whole 30 program, though it was a bit more like a Whole 22, ha!  Whle we are going to incorporate a bit of dairy and grains back into our diets, I'm going to try to keep most of our meals clean, and healthy snacks.  I want to limit our bread, pasta, rice, cheese and white potatoes, and continue to fill our plates with lean proteins and lots of veggies.  So while you may see rice and pasta here and there in my menus, I hope to keep us on track and continue with the healthy eating (except for the Super Bowl last night)!!  So with that being said, here's what we're eating this week:


Roasted Chicken Legs
Steamed Broccoli
Mashed Potatoes


The kids eat a lot more chicken when they can pick it up and eat it with their fingers, so they love chicken legs!  I'm going to marinate it in a bit of soy sauce and hoisin, so it has a tangy and slightly sweet asian bbq taste, and then bake them for about an hour.  A bit of broccoli and mashed potatoes (with chicken stock instead of milk) on the side, and we'll have a simple kid-friendly meal.




Stuffed Pepper Soup


I love stuffed bell peppers, and thought this soup version sounded really good!  It's supposed to be cold and rainy at the beginning of this week, so this will be nice, and warm, and comforting.








I think I am most excited about this dinner!  I think the chicken sounds delicious, and I haven't had mozzarella in weeks, so I'm pretty pumped about some cheese, ha!  Plus, caprese salad is pretty much my favorite, and then go add some avocado?  Perfect.




Pork Tenderloin


I've had this zucchini and corn side dish pinned for quite some time, and decided this was going to be the week to try it out.  I may add a little asparagus in the mix too, and that should be plenty to have with some grilled pork tenderloin!


Farmer's Market Frittata with Chicken Sausage
Green Salad


I was going to make this last week, but we ate leftovers one night, and we had a meal left over from the meal plan!  I made a delicious potato, onion, and bacon frittata for lunch a few weeks ago, and thought I'd add a bigger variety of veggies in for a very filling dish that would only need a small salad on the side, if that!  I'm going to make it with potato, onion, asparagus, green pepper, kale/spinach, tomatoes, and maybe a shake or two of cheese, :)


So what are you eating this week?  Any good meals I need to try?  I have had some friends send some new recipes my way, so THANK YOU so much!  I love new recipe resources, and recommended dinner suggestions!



Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Yummy, I am craving to have it, you surely have good food sense. Can you share recipe Balsamic - Glazed chicken as it looks so tempting and I want to try it out

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...