Monday, January 26, 2015

Meal Plan Monday

Happy Monday, friends!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  I, alas, did not; 2 of my 3 sweet babies have come down with a terrible virus, just in time for Daddy to be out of town for three nights!  Funny how that always works, right?  Luckily, Bammy has flown into town to save the day, and is helping me with the healthy and the sick.  So I have a meal plan this week, but there may be some adjustments made, based on how we're all faring.  Wish us luck!


Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls


I actually made this for us on Sunday night, and we have plenty of leftovers to carry us over into the week for probably another dinner, and lunches.  All I did was put three chicken breasts in the crock pot, and covered it with a smoky chipotle simmering sauce.  Six to eight hours later, the chicken was cooked and shredded very easily, and when mixed with the chipotle sauce, it made a smoky, slightly spicy chicken that was perfect for a burrito bowl!  To our bowls, we added shredded lettuce, the shredded chicken (you can add black beans and brown rice too), then topped it with diced cucumber, diced tomato, homemade salsa, homemade guacamole, and fried plantains!  Add cheese, lime, cilantro, more jalapeno if you like (I add one to my salsa), and you are ready to go!  It's an easy dinner that you can customize based on your preferences, and those of your family.  One of my favorite things to make.




Zucchini and Coconut Milk Soup 


I made this soup the last time I did Whole 30, and it was delicious.  Since we'll have a cold week, I thought this creamy soup would be very warm and comforting, and would be another good recipe to eat as leftovers at lunchtime!



Roasted Salmon and Asparagus
Roasted Beet and Orange Salad


I am not one to repeat recipes week to week, but that's just how good this beet salad was!  I thought I could roast some salmon and asaragus to have with it this week while Scott is gone (since he's not a big fish fan).




Sweet Potato Chili 


I have been waiting and waiting to make this again!  It was a big hit last time, and I think it will be another super dinner this time.  Bean-less chili, and the sweet potatoes cook in the spicy broth and lose a bit of their sweetness, but maintain a great texture.  This is a great Whole 30 compliant recipe without losing any flavor at all!


Sausage, Potato, and Veggie Frittata
Mixed Green Salad


I made the most delicious brunch for myself the other day out of pure necessity.  We had one potato, half and onion, and some eggs we needed to use \, and I was hungry.  I started sauteeing the potato and onion (diced up) in olive oil in my small cast iron skillet, then thought of adding eggs, baking it, and making it into a frittata.  I tried it out (added a little bacon too), and it was perfect.  




I thought that it would be even better with some sausage and more vegetables, and then it would be suitable for a meal any time of day.  So I'm going to add some green pepper, asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes and chicken sausage to it to really bulk it up, and serve it with a green salad and some homemade vinaigrette (Ranch for the kiddos). I hope it's as good as the original!


Roasted Chicken Legs
Steamed Broccoli
Mashed Potatoes


We eat a lot of chicken, and thank goodness the kids like it. But they especially love chicken they can hold onto and really dig into!  I love drumsticks anyway, but the kids like them too because they are small, and kind of like a single serving of chicken right in your hand that you can hold onto!  I'm going to roast them with just a bit of salt and pepper and garlic, and crank the heat up right at the end so the skin crisps up.  Add some steamed broccoli and mashed potatoes (made with chicken broth to keep them dairy free), and the kids will love this meal with some of their favorites.


Hope this gave you some ideas for your own meal plan this week.  What are you making for your family?  I love new ideas!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Your blog was actually perfect. It had the right amount of content, pictures wer amazing and loved your conversational writing style as well. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...