Monday, January 19, 2015

Meal Plan Monday


Hello Friends!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend, and hope you're sitting at home today in your pjs, drinking coffee and enjoying an extra day off like we are.  I'm sharing my weekly menu plan on this lovely Monday (mid)morning:




Monday-
Grilled Pork Chops
Beet and Orange Salad
Broccoli


Scott and I both love roasted beets, and thought this salad with orange segments included too, looked delicious.  I'm looking forward to this one!


Tuesday-
Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad


We don't do big dinner salads as entrees very often, but when we do, I like to pack them full of tons of yummy vegetables and other additions, so there's lots of flavor, and you end up just as full as if we ate a typical meat and three.  I'm planning on using a romaine salad base (with some spinach and kale mixed in), and top it with chicken, tomatoes, hard boiled egg, bacon, avocado, cucumber, red onion, maybe a bit of blue cheese, and a light but tangy lemon and Dijon vinaigrette instead of a heavier ranch or blue cheese dressing.  The good thing about salads like this, is you can completely customize them to include whatever you and your family like the best!




Wednesday-


We are getting to the pint in our clean eating journey, where we really need new recipes.  I can hardly eat any more sweet potatoes and zucchini noodles.  Plus, Scott isn't a huge fan of sweet potatoes anyway, so the 400 different sweet potato meals I have pinned aren't doing us much good anymore.  But I have started searching for recipes based off of one ingredient, just to see what recipes pop up, and what ideas I can come up with based off the search results.  When I saw this Amish One Pan Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet (I searched "cabbage" since we have about a half a head left over from last week), I thought this would be perfect.  Easy and quick (everything cooks in one pot!), and it's a hearty and filling meal, which Scott will like.  I'm anxious to see how it turns out!


Thursday-
Chicken Sausage and Potato Hash


I love "recipes" that are not really recipes at all. They are just, kind of, take a whole lot of things you like, throw it all in a pot, and stir it up until it's all cooked.  We do that with soup a lot to clean out the fridge, and I'm looking forward to doing it with this hash as well.  Using sausage and potatoes as the base, I plan on adding onions, green pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, and probably a handful or two of spinach and/or kale.  It will be a very comforting meal, perfect for the cold snap we're about to have!




Friday-
Creamy Crock Pot and Tomato Soup
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (for the kids :))


I love soups, and love how easy they are to prepare.  Especially when in the crock pot!  This one gets its creamy consistency from coconut milk, which has been a staple in my pantry for a while now.  I think the soup will be plenty filling for me, but I'll probably toast up some grilled cheese for the kids for them to dip in their soup. :)


And that's about it for our week of meals!  Any new things you've tried??  I love new meal ideas!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...