Monday, January 12, 2015

Meal Plan Monday

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend, and are ready to start the week.  Today is Day 8 in Whole 30 round two, and here's what we're having for dinners this week, and all are compliant!




Monday-
Roasted Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, and Parsnips


We like making roasts during the winter, and this one is pretty much exactly how we'd make it, Whole 30 or not!  I like the addition of the balsamic vinegar in this recipe, and will make extra veggies to use in a soup later on this week!




Tuesday-
Chicken and Apple Sausage 
Sauteed Cabbage with Peppers and Onions


I use Aidell's Chicken and Apple Sausage for this dinner, since it's one of the only sausages in my grocery store that's Whole 30 compliant.  I like it anyway, because it adds a bit of sweetness and compliments the cabbage well.


Wednesday-
Chicken Fajita Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette
Fried Plantains


I have kind of made up this recipe, but it's the one I am most excited about this week!  I found a recipe for homemade fajita seasoning (basically chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt), and thought that I'd love to have some fajitas.  But since I can't do tortillas or taco shells, we're going to throw the sauteed chicken, onion and peppers over a romaine salad!  I'm going to make an easy pico de gallo, guacamole, probably a blended salsa, and an easy vinaigrette with avocado, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil.  To sub in for tortilla chips, I'm going to slice some starchy plaintains very thin, and fry them up to add some crunch. I can't wait to try it out!




Thursday-


I'm planning on making plenty of roasted vegetables on Monday with my pot roast, and reserving some for this yummy soup on Thursday!  It's warm and comforting, and so good for you.  Plus, if you use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store deli, or just roasting up a chicken on your own, it's quick to pull together when you're (I'm) tired late in the week. :)




Friday-
Roasted Pork Tenderloin
Steamed Broccoli


Pork Tenderloins are so easy to prepare, are delicious, and are very lean and healthy.  All we usually do is season it with a bit of salt and pepper, put it on a baking sheet and roast it until it's cooked through.  Very easy and the kids love it too!  I found this recipe for zucchini fritters, which I thought would be a great side dish to mix it up.  I can only eat roasted vegetables so many times a week!  In this recipe, coconut flour is subbed in for regular flour (it's expensive, but you don't use much, so it'll go a long way), and you can pan fry them in coconut oil or olive oil until they're brown and crispy.  I can't wait to try those!  We'll round out our meal with a family fave, some good ole steamed broccoli, which the kids will gobble up too.

 
That's it for us this week!  What are you eating?  Are you eating clean/paleo/Whole 30?  Pass along any meal or dish suggestions you may have; I love getting new ideas!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...