Monday, January 5, 2015

Meal Plan Monday- Whole 30 Round Two

Happy Monday, friends!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  I am trying to get back to my normal postings and back to my Meal Plan Monday posts as well.  
Just like a lot of people, we definitely enjoyed our fair share of yummy and festive food and treats this holiday season, and yep, we overdid it.  I had been thinking about doing another Whole 30 program or a while, and the beginning of the New Year seemed like as good a time as any.  SO, today marks Day 1 of my new Whole 30, and SCOTT's first!  This time around he is joining in on the Whole 30 program with me!  I'm so excited to have a "buddy" that will keep me on track and accountable, though I'm not sure he quite knows what he's in for!  It's not hard to do, but it does take effort and planning, so we'll see how he does.  Anyway, here's what we'll be eating for dinner this week, and all is Whole 30/Paleo compliant!


Monday
Pioneer Woman's Hamburger Soup 

I think this will be an easy dinner to ease Scott into the Whole 30.  He won't feel like he's missing anything with this soup full of yummy vegetables and ground beef.  It's so warm and comforting, delicious, and it makes a ton, so it'll be good for refrigerating/freezing one serving batches for lunches or snacks later in the week.  The Pioneer Woman never disappoints!




Tuesday
Roasted Potatoes and Zucchini 


I made these Jalapeno Chicken Burgers back when I was doing Whole 30 the first time, and they were good and Scott liked them, so here they are again.  I'm glad that potatoes are now Whole 30 compliant, and we can incorporate them into our meals.  Roasting them up with some zucchini thrown in there too will make a perfect side dish for our chicken burgers.




Wednesday
Roasted Chicken


I'm thinking that by Wednesday of this week, we're going to be worn out!  It always takes a week or so for us to get back into the swing of a new routine, so I'm going to be wanting an easy dinner mid-week.  I'm going to pick up a Rotisserie Chicken from the Kroger deli, and throw together an easy side.  The zucchini noodles with marinated tomatoes could be easily eaten raw, but I think sauteing the noodles a bit will make it a little bit more like pasta.  And don't they look so delicious?!





Thursday 
Pan Seared Pork Chops
Baked Sweet Potatoes


I am anxious for Thursday to try out this brussels sprouts recipe!  I think it sounds delicious, and I am ready to try something new!  I'm tired of green beans, broccoli, and collards (overdone over the holidays), and Scott mentioned that he wanted me to make some brussels sprouts for something different.  Done!  They should accompany the pork chops well, and will go nicely with a buttery baked sweet potato!


Friday 
Leftover Day!


The Hamburger Soup recipe calls for 2 1/2 pounds of ground beef, and the chicken burgers call for 3 pounds, so there is no doubt that we should have plenty of food left to scrounge up dinner before we head to Aiken for a quick weekend trip.


So what are you eating this week??  Don't tell me if it's covered in cheese, or with delicious fresh bread or something though, I'll be terribly jealous and tempted... :)   


Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...