Wednesday, December 3, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday


It's back!!  For today at least!  I have been wanting to get back into doing my weekly What i Wore Wednesday posts, but life just gets in the way, I forget (or just don't want) to take daily pictures, etc.  But, this past week I have been trying to quickly just snap a photo so I can start these posts up again, which I really enjoy, and a lot of y'all have commented that you like too (So sweet, thank you!)!!


So, the whole reason behind doing What I Wore posts is to keep myself accountable, and get myself up and ready and dressed each day.  A while back, when Ben was a baby, I was in an awful rut of jammies and yoga pants everyday (TOTALLY normal with a baby as a mother of three, though, right?!).  And I just got sick and tired of it.  I had a closet FULL of beautiful clothes, and I kept going for the same ratty pjs and long sleeve t's, and decided that enough was enough.  So I started planning my outfits, getting up and getting dressed, and keeping myself accountable by posting the pictures during my weekly WIWW posts.  It made a HUGE difference in the way I felt about myself, my productivity levels (I get so much more done when I'm not lounging in yoga pants!), and made me get creative with what I have in my closet.


So, I have three outfits to share today, and though they're not terribly interesting, I'm getting back into the saddle!  Hopefully I can keep it up and continue this as a weekly post again. :)




Except for about a week before Thanksgiving, we have had a very mild fall.  Which is fine with me, as long as I can layer up, wear a sweater and be fine (these 75 degree December days, though, I do not care for).  I love wearing dresses or tunics with leggings and a sweater and calling it a day.  This was a comfortable outfit that I wore to help in Brantley's Kindergarten class.  I threw on my chunky gray cowl too when I was outside, and was very warm!


Gray Toggle Sweater- Shade Clothing (out of business- boo)
Black Medallion Henley Dress- Old Navy
Black Fleece Leggings- Groop Dealz
Black Over the Knee Riding Boots- Charlotte Russe




You're probably seen this outfit all over Pinterest, which is where I found it too.  I mentioned my obsession with the blanket scarf way back in this post, and I have worn it a few times a week since then.  I love it's versaility, the ability to dress it up or down, and seriously, it's so warm.  I loved wearing it the other day with a classic raglan sweater and some brown booties for an elevated casual look.


Blanket Scarf- Groop Dealz
Navy and White Raglan Sweater- Old Navy
Destroyed Skinny Jeans- Old Navy
Brown Ankle Booties- Target




This overcast and chilly morning, all I wanted to do was wear my slippers through the carpool line, but alas, I had errands to run afterwards.  So, I pulled on the next best thing, my trusty Uggs.  Honestly, I was never a fan of the Ugg trend until I got some, and then completely understood all the hype.  They are so soft and cozy, and comfortable and presentable when all I want to do is stay in pjs!  Add a gray sweater with a little embellishment (gray, matte sequins) and a cozy neutral toned cowl, and I was good to go.


Neutral Toned Cowl Infinity Scarf- Urban Outfitters
Gray Embellished Sweater- Old Navy
Destroyed Skinny Jeans- Old Navy (I'm clearly a big Old Navy fan)
Boots- Uggs


SO, that's it for this week!  Like I said, I'm going to try to get back into making this a weekly post, though I'm not making any promises quite yet since this is such a busy time of year!  I will be linking up to the WIWW linkup at The Pleated Poppy.  Check it out for more outfit ideas and inspiration!

Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. LOVE all of these looks - but am seriously DYING over your first cardigan. You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gurrrrrlllll!!! I have been waiting on your wiww!!! Don't take that long an absence again.... Your outfits are too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I am gonna try to keep up with them again. :) Thank you!! :) :)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love that first outfit!!! I totally need those boots. Looks as though you shop at Groopdealz often. I've been eyeing some of their things but was worried about quality. Are you usually pleased with your purchases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep, I get a lot from Groop Dealz and Jane.com too. I would say that the quality is about what you would expect for the price. will they be quality pieces that will last years? No. But, I'm not expecting for them to be. They are cute, trendy pieces that I am able to get some good wear out of, and I'm happy with that. I have had a few stinkers, and a few really awesome surprises at how nice they are, but for the most part, they are pretty much as expected. The only things that gets me sometimes is the fit. There are a couple of boutiques/brands that do a lot of deals, though, so I tend to stick with those that i have purchased from before, and know how the pieces will fit. :)

      Delete
  4. I just love your style! Glad you're posting wiww posts again. I especially love the cute, casual outfit with the blanket scarf. You've made it look really good and not like it's attacking you! Could you do a post on how to buy things from groupdealz or Jane.com? What companies are good, how can you be sure about sizing, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susanne!! I will definitely work that into a post soon!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...