Thursday, December 11, 2014

What I Wore, A Day Late

Yeah, yeah, I'm a day behind, but at this point, getting a blog post written at all is success for me!  But I was good about taking pictures of my outfits this week, so I wanted to make sure that I shared them, so it's a What I Wore Thursday this week. :)




Rainy, rainy week last week.  My rainboots got some good use out of them.  I paired them with some cozy fleece lined leggings (if you don't have any of these, RUN get some.  SO WARM and they don't add bulk!), my trusty striped dress that is pilling I wear it so often (and all year round), and my gray toggle cardigan.  Gotta love some layers this time of year.


Gray Cardigan- Shade Clothing
Gray Striped Dress- Target
Black Leggings- Groop Dealz
Green Hunter Rainboots- Zappos (I got these last year for about 40% off when they did a friends and family sale.  Hunters rarely go on sale, so I scooped them up while they were discounted!)




The easiest outfit of the fall for me has been this uniform: button up, vest, skinny jeans.  I have three pairs of jeans that stay in pretty much constant rotation, a collection of plaid, flannel, striped, oxford, etc button up shirts, and about  different vests.  Mix and match, add a scarf or a necklace, and I'm good to go.  Plus, unless it's really cold, the vest is plenty of warmth instead of having to haul around an overcoat.  


Navy Tweed Vest- Old Navy
Red Plaid Flannel Button Up- Old Navy
Navy T shirt- Gap
Destroyed Skinny Jeans- Old Navy
Red Cap Toe Flats- J Crew via Thread Up




The struggle is real, y'all.  As if taking pictures of myself isn't awkward enough, I gotta have this crazy guy watching me and photo bombing at every opportunity...



I do love this outfit, though, ha!  Another easy look, just a loose sweater tunic with my very favorite black skinny ponte pants from the Gap.  These pants have seen it all with me!  Before, during and after pregnancies, and a range of about 4 different sizes!  They are starting to show their wear, however, so I may need a replacement.


Gray Short Sleeve Tribal Sweater Tunic- Groop Dealz
Black Ponte Skinny Pants- Gap
Gray Boots- Fergie from Belk
Large Stone Pendent- Stella & Dot





See, another version of the vest-shirt-jeans uniform!  I added a flannel plaid cowl to this outfit to add a bit of color, but otherwise, very basic, comfortable, and casual.


Blue Oxford Button Up- Gap
Red Plaid Cowl Scarf- Made by Me!
Winter White Vest- American Eagle (from when I worked there in HIGH SCHOOL!)
Dark Denim Flare Jeans- Gap 
Red Woven Ballet Flats- TOMs




And I told you last week that I wear my blanket scarf at least once a week, and here's how I wore it this week.  Again, simple and casual, but put together.  Someone asked me how I fold my blanket scarf (which is true to it's name- it's really big enough to wrap the kids up in, or snuggle in a chair with!) so it doesn't look like it'a attacking me (which sometimes I still feel like it does).  I fold mine on the diagonal (upper left corner folded to meet bottom right corner), so I have a big triangle.  Then I roll it in, starting from the point, in towards the straight side.  I don't really roll it as much as I fold it, maybe 8-10 inches at a time, so it's about the width of a normal scarf, just thicker, since I'm folding so many layers.  Then, I wrap it around my head like normal.  It's still a lot of bulk, but not nearly as bad as if you just toss it around your shoulders without folding.


Blanket Scarf- Groop Dealz
Cream Colorblock Sweater- Belk
Skinny Jeans- Old Navy
Brown Wedge Booties- Target


So that's what I wore last week!  I will link up with the WIWW party over on The Pleated Poppy, Even though I'm late. :)  Check it out for lots more fashion and outfit inspiration!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Love your style Mama! Especially those rainboots, so cute! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...