Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Meal Plan Monday, errr... Tuesday

A day late to the party, but I'm here and that's what counts, right? :)  I thought I'd share my meal plan for the week, since we're out of leftovers and totally over turkey for a while...




Sunday-
Chicken Yakisoba


This is the second time I've made this for dinner, since the first time did not disappoint.  This Chicken Yakisoba recipe is as close to take out as I've ever gotten, and it's full of vegetables and is quick and simple to make.  Broccoli, carrots, onion, cabbage, so, no need for another side dish, this is the ultimate one dish dinner.


Monday-
Chicken Quesadillas
Spanish Rice


Scott is out of town for another three nights this week, so we have a couple of no-brainer, easy recipes that take little time to prep and cook, and are very kid-friendly.  Chicken and cheese quesadillas with sour cream and salsa for dipping plus a little rice on the side is an easy and satisfying dinner.  I add some jalapenos in mine. :)




Tuesday-
Cheese Ravioli with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce (Marinara for the kids)
Garlic Bread


I do like to try things that are a bit out of our comfort zone when Scott's out of town.  He's a meat and three kinda guy, which is totally fine, but I like to try lots of new things and different preparations from time to time, so I'll try a small version for myself when he's gone.  I think the pre-made cheese raviolis (Bertoli brand or something of the sorts) are such a great basis for an easy meal, because you can layer them and make a ravioli "lasagna," or bread them or saute them to make them crispy, you can use them in a cold pasta salad, or you can, very simply, just pour some sauce over them and enjoy!  I love butternut squash ravioli, so I thought that this cheese ravioli with pumpkin alfredo sauce sounded so good!  But, as excited as I am to try it, I bought some good ole marinara sauce for the kids in case they don't like the pumpkin sauce.



Wednesday-
Beefy Tomato Macaroni Soup
Rolls


This week is supposed to be cold (finally!  I don't like warm Decembers), so nothing is better for dinner on a cold night than soup.  Scott will be back Wednesday night, so a yummy, comforting, traditional soup will be perfect.


Thursday-
Ham Steaks
Corn
Green Beans


My old standby.  Another super easy dinner for when I am out of ideas, at the end of the week, and out of energy.  I can prepare this meal in my sleep.


Friday we'll be making the trip up to Blue Ridge to see my parents, for our first dose of a 2014 family Christmas, so we'll either be eating on the road or eating at mom and dad's on Friday night.  What are you eating this week?  I'd love to hear!  Any go-to recipes you fall back on?  I love new ideas!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...