Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Holiday Life Lately

Whew!  Have we been busy these last few weeks.  I am in the homestretch of my Goat & Lulu Christmas orders, and (fingers crossed) should be all done by Thursday night!  We have been enjoying lots and lots of fun holiday events and activities, and good family time as well.


I hosted a Cookie Decorating Party and Cookie Exchange with my MOMs club friends, and we had such a fun time!  These little elves were especially excited... :)


Naughty and Nice :)
 We had sugar cookies, gingerbread men, and all the sprinkles, candy, frosting and decorations you could imagine!




I had also been really wanting to have a hot chocolate bar, and though it was a hit with the kids, I think the moms liked it even more!












That next day, we went to a Pancake Breakfast with the Grinch!  It was all fun and games...




Until we tried to take a picture with the Grinch!  The Grinch wouldn't even get in the picture the kids were crying so hard!  But the pancakes were yummy, the crafting was fun, and the company was good, so it was a fun time overall!







We made a gingerbread house...






...and we headed up to Blue Ridge to have an old fashioned family Christmas with the Midkiff side of the family!  First thing was first, and we went for a ride on the Blue Ridge train with Santa!






The girls did great with Santa!  Benwas not interested... :)







After the train, we got home, changed into jammies, and got to open some presents!







We had such a fun trip, and a great time with family.  And now we're back to life, but back to a super busy last week of school before Christmas break!  We have two performances today, Kindergarten gingerbread house making on Wednesday, a Polar Express Kindergarten day and a Happy Birthday Jesus party on Thursday,  another Christmas party on Friday, and then finally, Friday night Scott and I are getting out for a Christmas dinner date with his business partner and his wife, and a night at the ballet at the Fox in Atlanta!  All before we leave Saturday morning for Christmas 2.0 with the Luton side of the family!  And I thought the last few weeks were busy!  And though I definitely am busy, since I am also up til about 2:00-3:00 on average each night sewing and finishing up my orders, I have had time and made time to spend it, share it and make memories with the kids and Scott.  I was so crazy busy last year, that I could only wish that Christmas was over.  But this year I'm excited and looking forward to the week and the BREAK that's ahead of us!

 
Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I love that pic of Bammy and PaDaddy with the kiddos! Looks like a festive and fun season for all! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...