Thursday, December 4, 2014

By The Numbers...




63: Number of Goat & Lulu Christmas orders I have left to get out by Christmas.  I see the light at the end of the tunnel!  

100+: The number of orders I had remaining at this time last year.  Though it was a really hard decision for me to make, and disappointing to a lot of customers, I am so glad I decided to have an earlier Christmas ordering deadline this year.  I have been working extremely long hours, and working my tail off each and every day, but still nothing like the sewing zombie I was last year. I barely got to enjoy Christmas with my family last year because I was so busy sewing and getting orders out.  I promised myself last year that I would not do that again, no matter how much money I lost.  It just isn't worth it.  And I was absolutely right.


5: Hours of sleep I got Sunday night and Monday night combined.  See?  Still working ridiculous hours right now, but it will only be for about another week or so.  Not up until the day before Christmas Eve like last year.


2: Different kinds of french bread I made for our dinner last week.  I really wanted something a little different than our typical toasted french bread with butter, so I halved the loaf, and on one half I mixed three minced cloves of garlic with three tablespoons of softened butter, and spread it all over the half.  Then, I covered it with a generous sprinkling of mozzarella cheese.  On the other half, I had some leftover spinach and artichoke dip that I spread over the entire half.  I then sprinkled some parmesan cheese on top.  I baked both loaves at 450 degrees, and just watched it, and took them out once the cheese was melted and the edges of the bread were getting brown and crispy.  And y'all.  It was AWESOME!  I hardly needed the rest of the dinner, the bread was so good.  I'll be doing this more often, and hopefully coming up with some new combinations!
4: Crazy days so far with our Elf on the Shelf, Noodles!  On Monday he arrived and brought the kids the Fisher Price Nativity Set for them to play with during the holiday season.




On Tuesday, he was nice enough to offer all the toys portrait sessions, since he took some photography classes in his spare time after Christmas last year... :)




On Wednesday, he decorated the Dining Room Chandelier and decided to hang around...




And this morning, he had to try out the new Christmas Crunch cereal that he brought the kids before they woke up.




Noodles is such a crazy elf!  As the month goes along, I'll share more of his silly hijinks... :)



400,000: Loads of laundry I did over the weekend (or so it seems).  Life has been so busy lately that I let the laundry slide, and all of a sudden I'm having to wear old maternity underwear because all our clothes are dirty!  The picture above was about halfway through, and my goodness, the clothes that this family goes through is ridiculous.  Such is the life of a mom with three kids!


4: Nights that Scott has been out of town this week, which is a lot for us.  If he's gone at all, it's usually one or two nights (probably gone at some point during the week about three weeks out of the month).  I am thanking the good Lord for plenty of remaining Thanksgiving leftovers, kids who are totally and completely happy with Kraft Mac and Cheese, COFFEE (and lots of it), WINE (and lots of that too), and all the ABC Family Christmas movies that I have been recording all week!  Oh, and did I say wine?


That's about it for me today.  I have to get back to my mile long to-do list!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...