Monday, November 17, 2014

Meal Plan Monday


Good Morning and Happy Monday!  Hope you had a nice weekend, and are rested and ready for a full week ahead.  I don't know about you, but this week is chock full of errands, class parties, holiday goodies, and lots on my to-do list in preparation for Thanksgiving next week!  It's been cold here in Georgia, and on this rainy Monday, all I am craving is warm, hearty, easy comfort foods, so here's our meal plan for the week:



Monday 
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Chili 
Cornbread


What's the perfect thing for dinner on a cold, rainy Monday?  SOUP!  We love soup, stews, chilis, you name it, and I thought this Buffalo Chicken Chili sounded yummy and a little different.  And I can do it in the crockpot?  Sold.




Tuesday
Tacos
Cheesy Baked Black Beans and Rice


I love tacos, but for some reason we don't have them all that often.  So I am proclaiming this Tuesday a Taco Tuesday, and am going to make this recipe for Cheesy Black Beans and Rice to go with them, Looks pretty good to me.


Wednesday
Mushroom Spaghetti
French Bread


The kids love spaghetti, and would have it every night if I let them (there are definitely worse things).  We have it at least once every other week or so, so I like to add things to it or change it up so it's not the same old spaghetti every week.  This time, I'm just going to add some fresh mushrooms into the sauce to make it a bit more chunky, and to make it go further so we can have some for leftovers!




Thursday
Baked Beans 
Pickle Tray 


I have had these sandwiches at potlucks, tailgates, parties, you name it, but have never made them myself!  I thought they would be a good and easy dinner, and a good size for the kids.  Served with some baked beans and a variety of yummy pickles (pickled okra, baby dill pickles, spicy Wickles Pickles, pickled asparagus, and pickled green beans are some of our favorites!), it will be quick to prepare (you have to make the sandwiches the night or morning before, however), and again, will hopefully provide for some leftover sandwiches for midnight snacks!


Friday
Pizza!


We are leaving town on Friday, so we will most likely have a pizza before we leave, if we even eat dinner before hitting the road.  I have tried just about every brand of frozen pizza there is, and I have to say that good 'ole $3 Tombstones are my favorite!  I get the kids a plain cheese one, and Scott and I will share a Supreme or something of the sort.


That's it for us this week!  What are you planning on for dinners?  Please share our recipes, or if you try one of these, what you think!

Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...