Monday, November 24, 2014

Hello Monday

AH!  The holidays are really here now!  Here's what I'm saying hello to on this Monday before Thanksgiving...


Hello Thanksgiving Break!!!  I am so happy that the kids have ALL WEEK off of school.  So we're saying hello to a lot of silly Daddy time, a lot of movies in our pj's, and of course, a little bit of cleaning up with Baby Pumpkin Halloween hats on (right?). :)






Hello lots of fun Thanksgiving crafts and goodies!  We were so busy with class parties and craft playdates last week, and really had a lot of fun with easy food platters and fun handprint crafts.  I made a turkey deli meat tray for Grayson's class, mini cornucopias filled with a fall trail mix for Brantley's friends in her class, and a big fruit kabob turkey for her Thanksgiving celebration.  It really was very easy (just takes a lot of wooden skewers and toothpicks!), and the kids loved it.  I threw together a quick turkey fruit tray too, for our mom's group craft playdate on Friday morning.











At the craft playdate at the house on Friday, and we made turkey handprint napkins!  The mommies painted the hands of the kids like a turkey, we stamped them down on a white cloth napkin, and then the moms added a few details, the name of the child and the year, and now each child has a handmade personalized napkin that they can use on Thanksgiving, and mom can hang onto forever!













Hello lots of coffee, lots of fabric, lots of shipping and LOOOOOTS of sewing!  I actually feel pretty good about where I am in my Goat & Lulu holiday orders.  This time last year I was freaking out, and had not even started really getting a lot done.  I have about 90 orders to go right now, where as last year, it was two weeks until Christmas, and I had 100 to go.  So I'm still working around the clock and long, late hours, but if I can get done what I did last year, then this year is definitely do-able.


Hello Thanksgiving Menu Planning!!  I am kind of a meal planning nerd, so this holiday is the pinnacle of planning fun!  I am going grocery shopping today, and so far, we're planning on having Roast Turkey, Cornbread Dressing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Rolls, Squash Casserole, Cranberry Sauce, Fruit Salad, Collards Greens, Pecan Pie, and Pumpkin Pie.  I. Can't. Wait!!!


Hello Christmas Shopping!  I have gotten a lot marked off the Christmas Lists in the last few days, and am just waiting on Black Friday for a few special deals.  I am not planning on getting out in crowds on Friday, but you know I'll be sitting at this 'ole computer in my pj's with my coffee, tearing up amazon prime and every other website, and grabbing every good deal (and all the free shipping) that I can.  My UPS man knows me by name, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love to go Christmas shopping out in the hustle and bustle once a year, without any particular things that I'm looking for, but just to get in the Christmas spirit, and to have pity on all the retail associates that look like me 10 years ago (I feel your pain!! I was there too!).  But on Black Friday?  I'd rather just hang back and go shopping later on.  And check me out on Instagram on Small Business Saturday, where I will have some awesome one of a kind Goat & Lulu Christmas deals!!


That's about it for me on this unusually warm Monday (what is up with the weather here??!! 73 today and 35 on Wednesday!).  What are you saying hello to today??

Pin It



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...