Monday, October 20, 2014

Meal Plan Monday

Our yummy White Chicken Chili from last week

Hey Friends!  I hope y'all had a nice weekend, and were able to enjoy some beautiful fall weather!  I'm back today with a pretty simple menu this week for Meal Plan Monday.  We're headed out of town on Thursday, and I hate to leave a pantry/fridge full of food when we're out of town, so we're going to make a few big meals and stretch them all week.  Here's what we'll be having:


Monday-
Spaghetti
French Bread


I can make spaghetti with a 16oz box of pasta, 2 jars of sauce, maybe an onion and a green pepper, and  pound or so of ground beef, and it will make 2 dinners for us.  The kids love spaghetti, so they don't mind. :)


Tuesday-
Spaghetti Leftovers


Wednesday-
Crockpot Beef Stew with Potatoes, Onions, and Carrots
Rice


I actually made this on Sunday, and so we'll be finishing up the leftovers of the beef stew before we head out of town!  It was very, very easy, and actually came packaged as a kit in the meat department.  The Beef Stew kit came with stew meat, an onion, small yellow potatoes, baby carrots, and a seasoning packet.  All I did was mix the seasoning mix with a can of beef broth, poured it into the crock pot with the beef, the onion and potatoes (which I had to chop up a bit), and carrots, and cooked it on high for 6 hours, and voila!  Dinner was served.  I was fine with the stew on its own, but Scott wanted it over rice, so I cooked some rice to go with it.  I do have to say that it was great over rice, so I'll be adding some more rice for when we eat it again on Wednesday.


And that'll be it for us this week!  Thursday, we'll be headed to Scott's parents house, where the kids will be staying for the weekend.  Then Friday morning, Scott and I will be off, on our way to Nashville, where we'll meet my parents and my brother and my sister in law, for an adults-only weekend to celebrate my parents 35th wedding anniversary!!!  I can't even recall the last time Scott and I have had some time to ourselves, much less the entire weekend!  We may not have had a weekend away since my 30th birthday??  Which was 2 YEARS AGO??  Either way, it's been a long time, and I am SO excited!


So anyway, the menu is simple, but sometimes a few good meals and a few days of leftovers are all you need!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...