Monday, October 13, 2014

Meal Plan Monday

Hello!  Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend!  I'm sharing our meal plan for this week, to share some dinner ideas and maybe pass along some good and easy ideas for you and your family.  So, here's what's on the dinner docket this week:



Monday-
White Chicken Chili 


I actually made this yesterday, and we have plennnnnnnty to spare, so we're going to eat it tonight too!  I've made this White Chicken Chili before, and it does not disappoint.  Even my husband, who is a traditionalist when it comes to chili, got seconds yesterday, and commented that it was good.  It is a piece of cake to prep, the only real work you have to do is chopping an onion, some garlic and cubing your chicken, but the rest is just opening and emptying cans.  It's a great and easy fall dinner, and great for leftovers!


Tuesday- 
Sauteed Pork Chops
Sauteed Cabbage with Bacon
Fried Apples


This is the third week that this meal has been on our menu, but I have yet to make it!  I'm thinking this is the week, though, and it should be an easy fall dinner.  I can even saute the pork and the cabbage in the same big pan, since I am all about reducing the amount of dishes I have to do. :)



Wednesday-
Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup
French Bread


I'm going to take the easy way out with this recipe and use canned tomato soup, and just jazz it up with some Italian seasoned canned diced tomatoes and cheese tortellini, and some fresh basil.  The first time I made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for the kids for dinner, I was so surprised that all three of them loved the soup, and tipped up their soup bowls to guzzle it down!  I typically use it just to dip my sandwich in, but if they will eat the soup and like it that much, I'll happily make it the star of the dinner.  I'll have some french bread, though, for me to dip in. :)


Thursday- 
Chicken Pot Pie
Broccoli


My mom makes this really simple chicken pot pie that is so delicious.  Scott loves it when she comes to visit because she makes this for him and he gobbles it up every time.  It's an easy combination of shredded chicken, a creamy roux (I use cream of chicken soup to make it a little easier), and a bit of chicken stock mixed with mixed veggies, and a refrigerated pie crust topping.  Bake it for 20-30 minutes or so, and it's done!  So easy and really satisfying.  Add some steamed broccoli on the side (we love broccoli), and it's a great dinner that even my picky husband will eat


Friday-
Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza


We love making homemade pizzas.  You can personalize them just how you like, and can try new things, and make the pizza your own.  I am actually not a huge fan of chicken o pizza, but I made this BBQ Chicken Pizza a while back that was really good.  BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce, chicken, red onion, a mix of cheddar and jack cheese, and some cilantro on top.  It bakes in 8-10 minutes, and you're done!  That's it!  I'm planning on boiling the chicken earlier in the week so on Friday evening, all I have to do is pull the chicken out of the fridge, douse it in some Sweet Baby Ray's, and throw it on the pizza. Easy, yummy, and perfect for Friday!


What are you eating this week?? I love new dinner ideas and would love for you to share!

 
Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...