Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween, Fall Fun, and What I've Been Up To

Hello Friends!  Happy Halloween and Happy Friday!  I know I have been MIA lately, but with my Goat & Lulu orders really picking up for the holidays, and all the seasonal activities, and a little weekend trip away, my blog posts have fallen by the wayside.  But I thought I'd share with you today what I have been up to while I haven't been blogging!




Pumpkin Patch, check.  




Last week was Fall Break for our school district, and we really needed that break.  We had a bunch planned, but pared it down to just a couple local outings, so we really could rest and relax, and recharge our batteries!  We went on a tour at our local fire station with my MOMS group, and the kids loved it!  Ben, especially!




That face! :)




Gracie is NOT into taking pictures right now, unless it's HER idea. :)  That's fun. :)




We went and visited a really cute, small local farm for their petting zoo, hayride, corn maze, and other fun fall things.







Last weekend, we took a trip to Nashville WITHOUT KIDS with my brother and sister in law, and my parents, to celebrate my parents' 35th wedding anniversary! I'll do a bigger and more involved post on the trip later (hopefully next week!), but to say it was a blast was such an understatement!










There was lots (and LOTS) of this...




A few touristy things, and some local fun too.








All in all, we had a great trip and it was nice to have some adult-only time!!




Then, back from Fall Break, and Nashville, we have dove head-first into a busy, busy week full of Halloween!  Peter Pan and Wendy were very excited for their first Trunk or Treat with my MOMS group on Tuesday!




Tinkerbell, not so much. :)  #middlechild




Not so sure exactly what they were supposed to do...





But Bammy helped get them excited! :)  All the kids were so cute and had so much fun trunk or treating with each other!




On Wednesday, I helped out in Brantley's Kindergarten class, with their Pumpkin Math Day!




I helped my little group of sweet Kindergarteners measure the circumference of our pumpkin, we weighed it and estimated the number of seeds, guessed whether it would sink or float, and measured how tall it was.  Then we got to cut it open, get all the seeds out, and the kids could use all five senses to touch, taste (if they wanted), smell, listen to, and look at the pumpkin.  Then we scooped out all the seeds, and the kids grouped them by tens on their table.




I had the sweetest and smartest little group of kids, and they were very well behaved and listened very well.  I think they really liked having a mom in the class for a change of pace!  It's amazing to see their little personalities, and you can watch them learn as they're interacting and participating in their activities.  It's neat too, because even at 5 and 6, you can really picture them as adults!






Then we got to carve the pumpkin, and I did as best as I could to do it how they wanted! Clearly, I will be winning no pumpkin carving prizes... :) :)




They had an activity packet to fill out and they were all so serious about "using their best handwriting," and doing as best they could to write all their answers in on the pages, and color in their pictures.  It was just adorable.  I can't wait for my next opportunity to help in Brantley's class.  Plus, I think she really liked having me there. :)




Then Thursday was Gracie's turn!  It was her Harvest Festival at school, and this is the first time I didn't have to run back and forth between two classes!  Plus the school offered daycare, so I was able to drop Ben off and have a morning for just me and Gracie!  I made Monster Munch Popcorn treats for her class, and Pumpkin Patch Pudding Cups for their class snack.  They both turned out really cute.





The kids had lots of centers with fun activities for the kids to do outside and inside.  Lucky that we had a beautiful day!




Grayson wanted me to take a picture of her with a few of her friends, which is a pretty big deal, because like I said earlier, pictures are NOT her thing unless she initiates it!









Gracie has the same teachers as she did last year, and we absolutely adore them.  There are also a few of the same kids in the class as last year, so Gracie has made some sweet little friends the past two years.







I think the kids are always so cute when they're sitting down at their tables eating their snacks!  Just like mini adults.




Adorable little girls and all on the move! :)




Then after school on Thursday night, Brantley's school had their Trunk or Treat!  Gracie was pretty worn out from her big day at school, so Scott stayed home with her, and I took Wendy and Peter. :) :)  Oh my goodness, were they adorable.  And so sweet, I have to brag, and said thank you to every single person they got candy from! #proudmama 








They were immediately drawn to the cotton candy machine, and got the two biggest cones of cotton candy I have ever seen!




Bigger than their heads!!




After we made our way around and collected all the candy we possibly could, I had to take my turn handing out candy at Brantley's teacher's truck.  I wrapped the kiddos up in my scarf, and they sat on the tailgate and ate all the candy they possibly could.  They were so precious, and said "Happy Halloween!!" to every person that came by.  They were in such good moods and were so, so well behaved.  Could have been the candy and the Sprite mama bribed them with, but who's counting. :)  They were as sweet as they could be.




And h\now here we are on Halloween!!!  We have gotten good use out of their sweet costumes, and everyone is excited about Trick or Treating for real tonight!  Today is going to be filled with jammies and relaxing, and then we'll eat a quick crock pot dinner of Sausage and Tortellini, and head out to Trick or Treat in the neighborhood a little early, right before it gets dark.  Then, a weekend full of NOTHING!!!  


So, I'm sure you can see how busy I have been, and will forgive me for my shortage of blog posts. Not to even mention the 130 Goat & Lulu orders I have in my queue right now!!!  I have been up late, late every night getting orders done and Christmas jammies made, so I can stay up on my orders and not get behind.  So I'm going to try to keep up on posting.  I am not lacking on content, I just have a tough time making the time to write!  Especially since I want to make sure that when I do have some spare time, I'm spending it with the kids. :)  I'm sure you can understand and relate, right?!


So HAPPY FRIDAY!  HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  And I hope you have a great time out with your family tonight and a wonderful weekend!!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...