Friday, October 3, 2014

Five on Friday

Hello Friends!  TGIF!  I hope y'all had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend like I am!  Sharing a few snapshots as a look back on my week today...


ONE



On Mondays, we always have a tough time getting back into the swing of things.  The girls wake up around 8:30 or so on the weekends, but have to get up at 7:00 for school during the week.  Gracie has an especially hard time with this, and almost always falls asleep in the carpool line picking Brantley up!  It makes for a stressful bedtime, but it's often times even more stressful for her not to get a nap on those days that she's so exhausted, and then that 4:00-5:00 "witching hour" is meltdown central.  So, if she falls asleep, fine, and if not, fine.  I'm trying to be patient with her and roll with her three-year-old punches (which is proving to be quite a challenge right now), and remember that everyone gets grumpy when they're tired!  And even three year olds don't like Mondays!


TWO




Tuesday was Granparents Day at Grayson's preschool!  Bammy was able to come to the devotion and visit in Grayson's class for a bit. And instead of partaking in the picnic lunch at school, we snuck out early and headed to Chili's!  Grayson was SO excited to have Bammy there, and celebrate the important role that grandparents play in the lives of our children!


THREE




The first bit of my Christmas fabric arrived on Wednesday!  I think that my method for making Christmas pajamas is going to be MUCH better this year than it was last year.  I was literally working around the clock last year to get them done, and sewing up until the day before Christmas Eve.  This year, I held a pre-order for the pajamas, and they'll ship Novmeber 1st.  I ordered all the fabric n two orders, instead of as orders were placed, like I did last year, which got very confusing and unorganized.  This year, I'l be able to do a few orders of pjs every night, in addition to the other holiday orders, and get them out in time (fingers crossed!).  


FOUR







Thursday, my buddy and I enjoyed a great walk around a local pond, and then went to the playground with my MOMS group.  I am trying to get back into a regular routine of walking, and it is certainly easier to do when Grayson is at school, and I just have Ben to push in the stroller!  There is a nice little walking park with a pond that's close to our house, and two laps around it takes us about 20 minutes, which is perfect.  Plus, there's ducks, so Ben and I get to talk about teh ducks the whole time around, and then stop and chat with them when we come to their little corner of the pond.  Bennett loves it!


FIVE




And Hallelujah, it's Friday!  It's rainy here today, which I don't mind so much, since we don't have anything to do until we go watch Brantley at her school's fundraiser "Fun Run" (which definitely seems like an oxymoron to me, since I find absolutely nothing fun about running, but that's just me :)) this afternoon.  The good thing is that she is excited about it, so, me, Ben, and Gracie are going to go, sit in the stands, and cheer out little hearts out for our Brantley girl. :)  Then, for the rest of the day and weekend, I am going to work on finishing my fall mantel (one end shown above), getting the house fall-ified, and hopefully get some laundry done and put away, among about 4,000 other things.  And oh, no big deal, but my DISHWASHER IS BACKED UP, which is pretty much a nightmare.  The plumber is coming out tomorrow, but I'll have to handwash this overflowing sink full of dirty dishes in the meantime.  It's bad enough to have to rinse dishes and put them in the dishwasher, but handwashing them all??  It's basically my own personal hell.  I looked at the sink and seriously though long and hard about how much we really needed the pots, pans, dishes and silverware in the sink, and considered just throwing it all away so I didn't have to wash them.  But, I'm not sure that would fly, so I'll be at the sink for about 5 hours this afternoon if you need me...


That's it for me today!!  I hope you have a wonderful/relaxing/exciting/laid-back/high-energy/sober/drunk/quiet/loud/fun weekend, and that's everything you hope it will be!  See you Monday!


Pin It



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...