Monday, September 22, 2014

Meal Planning Monday

Happy Monday, friends!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  We celebrated my precious boy and his second birthday (more on that tomorrow!), and enjoyed visiting with my family.  Now we are preparing for a busy week (and one with Scott gone 3/5 of the time), and so I'm posting my menus for the week!




Monday-
Taco Pizza


So, I was going to make this last week on Ben's birthday, but as is tradition in our house, the birthday boy/girl gets to pick what they want for dinner.  Ben decided he wanted a hamburger and french fries, so off to Sonic we went, for a picnic dinner!  No problem with me, since everything kept just fine in the fridge over the weekend, and Taco Pizza will be an easy weeknight dinner to prepare.


Tuesday-
Caprese Grilled Cheese
Tomato Basil Soup


Since we spent a bunch of extra money at the store last week for Ben's party, I was trying to be pretty frugal this week with teh grocery trip.  Hence, a couple of meat-free dinners this week.  I love making Caprese Grilled Cheese, which is just a grilled cheese sandwich, with mozzarella instead of your typical cheddar, and sliced tomatoes and basil added between the bread (you could use a pesto sauce too, instead of the fresh basil).  And I buy old fashioned condensed tomato soup, but add in a can of diced tomatoes with basil and garlic to add a little bit of chunk to the soup.  Surprisingly, everytime I make tomato soup, I really only use it for dunking my sandwich into, but the kids tip up their bowls and guzzle down every last drop!  So this is an inexpensive but very satisfying meal for our family.


Wednesday-
Fish Sticks 
Macaroni and Cheese
Green Beans


Don't judge.  Last week, Scott was out a few nights, and I had planned some pretty simple, but still prep-intensive dinners, and it was kind of a disaster.  The kids were melting down and I was trying to fix dinner that they didn't end up eating.  Nobody finished dinner very happy.  So with Scott being gone Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights this week, I'm going for simple.  I can put the fish sticks in the oven, boil the macaroni on the stove, and the green beans in the microwave.  Done.  Plus, do you want to know a little secret??  I kind of love fish sticks.  There, I said it.  So this meal is totally a win-win for a busy week!




Thursday-
Broccoli Cheese and Potato Soup
Dinner Rolls


I thought this soup sounded so good for this week, and as there is a noticeable fall chill in the air! Plus, I love making soups at least once a week, since it usually makes a lot, is pretty inexpensive, and yields plenty for leftovers.  We already had most of the ingredients for this one, so it made for a cheap dinner.


Friday-
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Asparagus, Zucchini, and Mushroom Saute


So...another total shortcut for the last dinner of the week.  From time to time, I'll buy those frozen breaded single-serving chicken cordon bleus for a quick and easy dinner!  They cook for maybe 90 seconds in the microwave, and for 10 for $10, they are pretty good!  So all I'll have to do is chop up the zucchini, mushrooms and the asparagus, and saute them all in a bit of butter and olive oil, and we'll have my new favorite easy veggie side dish, and a complete dinner.


What are you eating this week? Anything you've tried and liked that you'd suggest?  Anything I should avoid??


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...