Monday, September 29, 2014

Meal Plan Monday

Hi Friends!  Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend!  I'm sharing my meal plan for the week today for Meal Plan Monday, and would love to hear if you have tried and liked (or disliked!) any of the recipes, and if you have any winners that you'd like to share!  I love trying new recipes and especially like ones that come recommended! 



Monday-
Chicken Pie
Green Beans
Creamed Corn 


This recipe came recommended from a friend of mine, and I can't wait to try it!  It's a recipe from Tricia Yearwood, who now has a show on the Food Network.  She cooks a lot of traditional Southern food, pretty basic, and a lot like what I grew up on.  This recipe doesn't have a lot of ingredients, is easy to make and doesn't take long, which is pretty much the trifecta of a good dinner, as far as I'm concerned.  Plus, I'm thinking that Scott's going to like it a lot too.


Tuesday-
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Broccoli
Parmesan Mushrooms


We never got around to eating the little frozen breaded chicken cordon blues that I got last week, so that will be a super easy dinner this week!  I'm going to just steam some broccoli to go with it, and make some buttery, cheesy mushrooms too.  Thankfully my kids are really pretty good about eating vegetables, and broccoli and mushrooms are some of their favorites.  Add cheese and butter?  They'll gobble it up!




Wednesday-
Taco Pasta Casserole
Jalapeno Cornbread


I love Mexican food, and usually incorporate some kind of Mexican flavors into dinner one a week or so.  Casseroles are easy for us, and thought this Taco Casserole recipe sounded good.  For the cornbread, I keep it easy and use a box of Jiffy cornbread mix, and dice a jalapeno, a quarter (or a bit more) of an onion, and maybe a half a can of corn, and add it to the cornbread mixture.  It adds a little bit to the cornbread (which I almost always make into muffins), and if a good accompaniment to the main dish.


Thursday-
Sauteed Pork Chops
Fried Apples
Sauteed Cabbage with Bacon


This dinner just screams fall to me.  We have been eating a lot more pork recently, and like it as a little change from chicken all the time (the other white meat, right?!).  I had not had cabbage for a long time, but had it with my parents not too long ago, and was reintroduced to my love for it!  I'll fry up a few slices of bacon, and take them out of the pan when they're done, but leave the bacon fat in the pan.  I'll dice the head of cabbage and add it to the hot pan of bacon drippings, and saute the cabbage in the fat.  I'll crumble up the bacon, and once the cabbage is cooked down and tender, I'll add the bacon back in.  YUM!  As for the fried apples, I'm going to cheat and buy the can of Glory brand fried apples.  They are delicious!  They are soft but not mushy, and seasoned with cinnamon, sugar, cloves, and lots of other warm, autumn spices.  They will be perfect with the pork and cabbage.


Friday-
Ham Steaks
Macaroni and Cheese
Green Peas


This is DEFINITELY a meal that reminds me of my childhood!  It's very simple, you just buy the ham slices and saute them in a skillet until they brown on the edges (you can add some brown sugar too them to sweeten them up too!), make the mac and cheese (yep, just out of the box, BUT I do like Annie's Mac and Cheese.  It's maybe 20 cents more than Kraft, and seems to be a smidge healthier), and a can of peas.  Done.  Friday is the day that I am most likely to throw my hands in the air and say, "Let's get pizza!" or something of the sort, so I'm going to see if having a very easy menu planned will help us avoid a fast food/takeout trap!


What are YOU eating this week??  From my menus in the past few weeks, this was a BIG hit, while this fell flat (I was shocked!).  This was delicious and the kids loved it, but I was the only one that liked this.  NOBODY liked this (again, shocker!), and this was yummy and very comforting.  


Share your favorite recipes!  I'd love something new to try!  Hope you have a yummy week!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...