Monday, September 1, 2014

Meal Plan Monday

Hi Friends!  I hope you're having a wonderful holiday weekend!  I thought I'd try something new this week.  I regularly do dinner meal planning for my family, in an effort to make dinnertime go much smoother, to try to save money and cut back on trips to the grocery store each week, and also to just plan ahead so that we're not looking through the fridge at 5:30 with nothing for dinner, and having to order pizza again.  I love looking up and trying new recipes, but sometimes it's easy to get stuck in a rut.  I'm hoping that by sharing my meal plan for the week, that maybe you can get some ideas for your own families, and you'll share your favorite dinner recipes too!


SO...here's what my family is eating for dinner this week:


SUNDAY- Grilled Pork Chops
Veggie Bacon Pasta Salad


I wanted to share what we ate for dinner last night, because this pasta salad was delicious!!  It makes a TON, and I'm planning on eating on it pretty much all week.  We like to grill out on the weekends, and Scott has some super secret marinade that he uses on pork, chicken and steaks.  I'll have to get it out of him, since it makes meat super tender and very juicy, since grilling meat can dry it out so easily.  Anyway, this was a really simple dinner, but very filling.  The pasta salad has everything, pasta, broccoli, cheese, olives, etc., and you don't even need another side dish with your pork chops!


MONDAY-  Chicken Soup 
French Bread


I've made this chicken soup before, and talked about it in a previous post.  I roasted a full chicken last week, and we had plenty leftover that I didn't want to waste.  So, I put the carcass in the freezer, with the intention of making this soup.  Add a little bread, and this will be a great and easy dinner, and will make plenty for leftovers too.


TUESDAY- Grilled Brats
Oven Baked French Fries
Fruit Salad


Another easy dinner.  If you notice anything about my meal planning, please notice that I do make dinner just about every night, but they are not difficult or terribly time intensive meals!  I start making dinner about 5:00, and aim to eat at 6:00.  And it's not that dinner takes an hour to make, since every mom knows that dinnertime is the prime time for conflict, meltdowns, and needy toddlers, and I am in and out of the kitchen the whole time. :)  Anyway, all you do is throw the fries in the oven, grill the brats on the stovetop in my grill pan, and chop up some bananas, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries for a kid-friendly salad.  Easy as that.





WEDNESDAY- Salmon Cakes
Cheesy Zucchini Bake
Fresh Corn on the Cob


My mom used to make Salmon Cakes when I was growing up, and though we didn't have them terribly often, I always liked them.  When I made this salmon cake recipe last week, it reminded me so much of those that I used to have growing up.  Scott was skeptical, but ended up liking them too.  I actually bought too much salmon last week, and so we'll be having them again this week!  We are big squash and zucchini fans, and I thought this zucchini bake sounded really good, and was a different take on one of our favorite vegetables.  And since summer is winding down, we'll be eating as much fresh corn as we can still get our hands on!


THURSDAY-  Shrimp and Asparagus Stir Fry with Lemon Sauce
Brown Rice


I'm excited to try this shrimp stir fry, and we're swapping out our typical white rice for brown rice.  The kids love asparagus, so I'm hoping they'll like the shrimp too!


FRIDAY- Beef Enchilada Soup
Cheese Quesadillas


It's made in the crock pot.  It's easier than making real enchiladas.  At the end of the week, I want easy.  So throwing a bunch of things in the crock pot in the morning and having dinner done at 5:30 is perfect for me.  I'm anxious to try this soup, and am hoping the kids will enjoy dipping mini quesadillas in their soup for a little fun. :)


What are YOU eating this week?  I would love to hear what you make for your family!  For more ideas, check out my dinner pin boards- Clean Eating, Yummy Dinners, and Yummy Dinners- Crock Pot Edition!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...