Friday, September 12, 2014

Five on Friday




Hello Friends, and hellllllllooooooooo Friday!  Again, like the past several weeks, I am beat and ready for the weekend!  Here are five things I'm sharing today:


{ONE}





I LOVE consignment sale season! Pretty much every single church preschool in the area, including Brantley's old preschool (which is also Grayson's current preschool) has a huge kids consignment sale every year, which are huge fundraisers for the school.  I am so lucky to always find the greatest stuff for the kids for fall!  Since I took the girls back to school shopping already, I was really looking for some things for Ben at the sales, and boy, did I ever get some deals!!  The red and navy coat (above on the right) looks practically brand new, Osh Kosh brand, with a removable fleece lining that you can wear alone as a jacket.  All for $4!!!!!!!!!  I got Brantley some Keds and leopard Old Navy loafers, Bennett some Sperry tennis shoes, and some adorable little Duck Boots, Gracie a few dresses, among tons of other things.  I ended up with about 34 items for just over $100!!  The girls especially loved looking through everything and getting excited about wearing new fall clothes.  They are certainly their mother's daughters! :)


{TWO}




The girls have been really stuck on watching a few movies lately.  So after Brantley gets home from school, we work on her homework and getting all school items attended to, and then we pop some popcorn, and all pile on the sofa to watch a movie together!  I have been trying to give them more attention in the afternoons, especially since Brantley is at school all day, so instead of getting up and cleaning up, or multi-tasking, I try to sit on the sofa with them to get in good snuggles.  I do have to hop up to make dinner if the movie goes too long, but for the most part, the four of us watch it together.  Plus, I am able to catch a few zzz's if I need to!  We have been watching Bolt, Finding Nemo, and Wall-E over and over and over in the past week!


{THREE}


Laundry is going to be the freaking death of me.  I must do a billion loads every week just to have two billion waiting in the wings.  And the washing is not so bad, it's the folding and putting away that takes months.  I'll definitely be working on that this weekend.


{FOUR}



I loooove that Bennett is really getting into "boyish" things lately.  Trucks, trains, airplanes, lions, tigers, and anything that roars.  But he has really started getting into dinosaurs, which is just the cutest thing ever.  And had I not started planning his dog party for his birthday so early, I would've done a dino party (but he likes dogs too, and there's always next year!)!!  So I saw these dinosaur tails on Pinterest, long before I even had a boy, but I think it's high time I got a few made for the kids.  The poor boy always end up dressed up in full-on princess regalia, so I think a dinosaur costume will even out the dress up playing field!  I know if I make one dinosaur tail, I'll have to make three, so maybe this will turn into another project for the weekend. :)


{FIVE}








Pinterest is blowing up with all these cute Halloween treat ideas that are getting e so excited for fall and the upcoming holiday!  I can't wait to try out these Halloween Pudding Pops, this Halloween Cookie Pizza, and this cute Halloween trail mix for school treats!


So what are you up to this weekend??  I will be staying in my jammies, doing some serious cleaning, doing laundry, hopefully getting lots of sewing done, and maybe sneaking a nap in. :)  Whatever you do, I hope you have a great weekend!  See you Monday!

Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...