Thursday, August 7, 2014

My Favorite Green Smoothie

Since getting back from the beach, I have been back on my Whole 30 program, and decided just to start it all over.  Let's just say I did some serious damage to the progress I had made when I was at the beach, so I needed to just restart and get back into the clean eating mindset.  One of the 
things that has really helped is my favorite green smoothie!  Smoothies have been such an important part of my program, because they feel a little decadent, and like they are a treat!  But when you make green smoothies, by adding a handful of leafy greens to your fruit concoction, you boost the nutritional value considerably, and make smoothies a great way to add more vegetables into my day.


I have made a few different ones, mixing and matching whatever we have on hand (check out this chart to create your own perfect combination), but I definitely have a favorite, and I thought I'd share it with you today!




Amanda's Favorite Green Smoothie


1 can coconut milk
2 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
1 mango, peeled and cut into chunks
A large handful of baby spinach
1 tablespoon coconut oil


Throw all that into your blender and whip it up!




Instead of mango, you could add in peaches, or even strawberries, or just add all that too!  I have made smoothies for breakfast for myself, also for an easy lunch, but the thing I love the most is how much the kids love them too!  My kids looooove fruit, and eat a ton of it, and since the spinach has a very mild flavor (I can't even taste it in the smoothie), all the kids identify is fruit and they love it!  So they are getting an extra serving of veggies everytime they have a smoothie too.  And they love them!




Try it out and see what you think!  What are your favorite recipes?  What's your go-to smoothie?


Pin It



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...