Friday, August 22, 2014

Five on Friday



Whew, what a week!  I have five things to share with you today!


{ONE}


My goodness, what a day I had yesterday.  I had the bright idea of going and getting my haircut and taking both Gracie and Ben with me (first mistake), and Grayson grabbed a hot flat iron and burned her little fingers.  Of course it hurt, and she cried for the duration of my haircut.  I almost just left and went home, but with half of my haircut done, I just promised her a movie and a milkshake when we got home, and that satisfied her so I could finish my haircut.  The rest of the day, the kids were cranky, didn't listen, didn't cooperate, and then on top of everything, I had to take everyone to Grayson's open house, since Scott was out of town.  Let's just say that bedtime couldn't come soon enough for everyone.  I think everyone is just as ready for the weekend as me!


{TWO}




Speaking of haircuts, I got mine chopped!  Ever since my last one, I have really enjoyed it being short, so I went ahead and got a stacked bob for the fall.  I have seen this haircut on other women before, and have always thought how cute and chic it looked, but never really wanted to cut it that short.  But I was ready to take the plunge this time, and I like it so far!


{THREE}




I've been doing pretty good on the Whole 30, but have decided to give myself a "cheat day" every week.  So, I'm technically not doing the Whole 30 anymore, but instead am eating clean pretty much all the time, but allowing myself a little leeway.  This may be a slippery slope for me, since I have a tendency to "forget" about what I eat, but I'm thinking that I will only allow myself to cheat in very specific circumstances.  Like, if we go out to eat as a family (which rarely happens as it is :)), but still not eating fast food.  Or, if Scott and I want to have wine one night, I'm not going to turn it down.  My normal breakfasts, lunches, and dinners will still be clean and Whole 30 compliant, and I want to stick with it since I've noticed my weight continuing to go down, my clothes fitting better, my skin being more consistently clear than it has in a long time, and a few other things.  If anything, the program made me realize that my diet was SOO carb-heavy, and that I snacked pretty much constantly.  I think I have learned my lesson, worked good, healthy foods back in, and I hope I can go forward with better eating habits!


{FOUR}


Can I just tell you how excited I am to go out to dinner with my husband tomorrow night??!!  We are going to Atlanta, and I have even been planning my outfit all week.  And when I begged my mom's group for some babysitting leads, one of my sweet friends offered to watch all three kids, on top of her three kids!  Her kids are all about the same age as Brantley, Gracie, and Ben, and her oldest and Brantley were in the same Pre-K class last year.  So, the kids are so excited to go play, and I am forever indebted to my friend for letting us get a date night in!  Whoo-hoo!


{FIVE}




And last but not least, I'm so excited to have a date with Scott tomorrow, since not only did we celebrate our anniversary on Tuesday, but tomorrow is his birthday!!!  We're gonna have a little family fiesta around lunch tomorrow, and his homemade cake is in the oven as we speak.  He's not big on birthdays, but I am, and am teaching the kids to be (because why not??!!), so we're going to make him feel extra special tomorrow before our big night out.  So, Happy Birthday to my most very favorite 38 year old in the world!  Love you so much and so happy and proud to be your wife everyday.  So let's get some steaks and drink some wine and toast the day of your birth!!


Happy Weekend, everyone, and hope you have a great one!  See you Monday!

Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...