Friday, August 15, 2014

Five on Friday


Oh my goodness, I am so exhausted and so glad it's the weekend!!!  Here's my Five on Friday for this week:


{ONE}








My sweet Brantley girl has one week of Kindergarten under her belt!  I am so proud of Brantley, and she has had an awesome first week of school.  She loves her teachers and new friends, loves eating lunch at school, and even by Wednesday, could get to and from the car pick up line and her classroom in the mornings and afternoons, all by herself!  The schedule has been a bit of a struggle for us, since she is used to sleeping pretty late, and actually so am I!  I have been up by 6:30 every morning to get myself ready and then get her ready for school, and I have had to take a power  nap in the early evenings before I go up to sew after the kids go to bed!  Brantley likes to stay up late too, but it a *bit* of a grouchy pants in the morning when she doesn't wake up on her own.  So we're trying some new things at bedtime and hoping that it will work itself out.  Until then, I am just happy that we can get some rest this weekend, and gear up for another great week at school!  So proud of my big girl!  And how cute has she looked?! :) :) 


{TWO}


You may or may not have noticed that I have been skipping my Wednesday posts for a few weeks now.  I think for the time being, I'm going to cut back to 4 posts a week.  For some reason, Monday and Tuesday posts, then Thursday and Friday posts are no problem, but I just can't get it together to get a post written out for Wednesdays!  I hate that it's usually when I do my What I Wore Wednesday posts, and I haven't done one in quite a while, but bear with me as I try to work out a blogging schedule that I can manage!  And hopefully I'll be back with regular WIWW posts soon!


{THREE}


 

I am so excited to be currently working on FOUR different custom bedding projects!!  I love it when my friends and customers contact me to create something very special for them, and I am able to really get creative with fabrics and designs and step out of the box a bit.  The fabric collage above is for a very special person and an inspiration board for a collection of several nursery pieces that I am making for them!  I am so excited to see it all done and put together.  I will probably not be taking on too many more custom projects before the holidays since they are very time intensive, but contact me at goatandlulu@gmail.com if you'd like more information!


{FOUR}





Months ago, I saw these adorable little cross stitched family portraits on Pinterest, and knew I wanted one for myself.  Since I grew up cross stitching, and used to love it, when I was in JoAnn's the other day, I went ahead and grabbed some embroiery floss and Aida cloth and got rolling!  It is so therapeutic, and I think my little family figures have turned out so cute so far!  It takes forever to stitch, but I think I am going to be in love with the results.  I'm going to hang it with my sweet watercolor family portrait from Wild Blumen Ink, and have the beginnings of a cute new family portrait collection!


{FIVE}





Like everyone else, I was so shocked and saddened at the news of Robin Williams' death earlier this week.  I am a big fan of Jimmy Fallon, and loved his tribute to the late comedian.


And with that, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  See you back on Monday!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Would you mind telling me where you got Brantley's polka dot dress? She looks adorable! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...