Wednesday, June 25, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday and Pattern Testing

Welcome to What I Wore Wednesday!  The weekly post where I like to share what I've worn for the week, in an attempt to keep myself out of jammies and into some clothes!  So here's what i wore this past week:




My very favorite thing to wear during the hot summertime is an easy, breezy dress.  




And what fun is having little girls if you can't all dress alike once in a while?!  I saw these cute dresses on Zulily a few months or so ago, and knew we must have them.  I remember matching my mom when I was little, and honestly, the girls love it!  They are always asking to wear the dress that mommy has too.  I mean, look at those sweet faces!  They are so proud!!


Blue Tiered Peasant Dress (girls dresses too)- Jelly the Pug from Zulily.com
Mint Criss Cross Sandals- Target




I wore this dress on Sunday for a birthday party the girls went to.  It is very lightweight and was very comfy the whole time.  And I love the bright color for the summer.


Hot Pink T Shirt Dress- jane.com
Mint Criss Cross Sandals- Target




My other favorite outfit for the summertime is an easy knit top and these distressed skinny jeans.  I had to take the kids for a long doctor's visit the other day, and knew we'd be inside for a while, and I figured I'd be comfy in jeans and this casual striped t.  I didn't know until we got there, that I had dressed everyone in stripes, and we looked like a box of crayons. :)


Yellow and Gray Striped T- Anthropologie
Distressed Skinny Jeans- Old Navy
Nude Platform Heels- Old Navy




And now a photo a little out of the ordinary!  I was asked to test out a pattern for a brand new top coming out from one of my favorite indie designers, Caroline Hulse of Sew Caroline!  So I got an early draft of the Waterfall Tank pattern, and got to try it out, and sew up a top to see how I liked it and how the pattern was written.  It was SO MUCH FUN!  The top is adorable, and gives room for so much customization.  I love the tie shoulders, and already have ideas for what my next one will look like.  So thanks, Caroline, for the opportunity to be one of the first to try out the pattern!  I love it, and can't wait for more patterns!




And here's how I wore my Waterfall Tank!


Waterfall Tank- made by me, pattern by Sew Caroline
Distressed Skinnies (again!)- Old Navy
Brown and Gold Platform Wedges- Shoe Dazzle


I will be linking up with Lindsey at the Pleated Poppy again this week, for style and outfit inspiration.  You should really pop over and check it out- there are so many ladies with great fashion ideas!  What have you been wearing this week?


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Love the tank! It turned out so, so cute and looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfits and your porch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying over those matching dresses- GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...