Thursday, June 5, 2014

Pinterest Recipe Reviews Part 2

I love trying new recipes for dinner.  I am not one to make the same meals over and over (though Scott would love it), so I like looking for new things to try, and, of course, Pinterest is a great resource for quick, easy, and inexpensive dinners.  I have been making a lot of meals off of my Yummmmy Dinners board, and am going to share some hits and misses with you today!




I love Chinese food, and so do the kids!  This recipe for Chicken Yakisoba was easy and healthy with the addition of lots of vegetables, and was a big hit with my family.  Plus, you use a couple of packages of ramen noodles, so you can clean out your pantry too! :)  If you like asian noodle dishes, you will love this.  It takes very little time and tastes as good as your local takeout!




We tried this Chicken Tortilla Bake last week.  The main draw was that it only required 6 ingredients, which is nice.  But the dish was really only so-so.  We love Mexican food and tex-mex style casseroles, and though this was okay, we won't be making it again.




This recipe for quick baking potatoes was genius!!!  The potatoes cooked quicker than normal, and had the soft interior of a typical baked potato, with a crispy skin of roasted potatoes.  This is going to be my go-to way for baking potatoes from now on!




Bubble Pizza deserves an "ehhhh."  It was fine and all, but I won't be making it again.  I'd rather just make a homemade pizza with pizza dough, and save the biscuit dough for, well, biscuits.




You should make this Taco Casserole recipe instead of the Chicken Tortilla Bake I posted about earlier.  I love the ground chicken, and the salsa makes for a great addition to the casserole.  It's also just a great recipe if you're craving Mexican without all the fat and calories!




I made these Caprese Lasagna Rolls a few weeks ago for an inexpensive, meat-free night, and they were delicious!  We had some leftover baby spinach that I added, and they were really, really good.  I would definitely make these again.




I am all about one-pot meals, and this Enchilada Pasta sounded pretty good.  I probably won't make it again, but it wasn't bad, and it was nice to only have one pan to clean.  I didn't make it very spicy since Brantley is especially sensitive to spicy food, and maybe if I made it again, I would add just a touch more heat to make it more flavorful.




And the last one for today is this Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Pasta.  In one word...delicious!!!!  This is another great meatless option (we try to have meatless nights at least once a week if not two...it definitely saves some money at the store!), but you could easily add chicken or ground beef to it too.  The red pepper sauce is a little sweeter than a traditional tomato sauce, and the goat cheese adds a creaminess and tartness to the sauce that is hard to beat.  We ate the whole pot, and I have already made it again, it's so good!


I hope you'll try one or a few of these recipes for dinner soon, and let me know what you thought of them too!


Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...