Friday, June 6, 2014

Five on Friday


Hi Friends, and TGIF!  I'm linking up with the lovely ladies above and sharing five things this Friday. 


{ONE}




So yeah, I'm only about 8 years late to the party, but my new tv watching obsession is Friday Night Lights!  I have heard a lot about it for a few years now, and since all my other shows have ended and I'm up to date on everything else I watch on Hulu and Netflix, I thought I'd try it out.  And surprise!  I'm hooked.  I've watched plenty of high school dramas in the past, but these characters just seem so real and so relateable, and I feel like I knew people like that in high school.  In fact, watching the show makes me very nostalgic, and reminds me so much of high school.  I love Coach Taylor and Tami Taylor (and love Connie Britton on Nashville now too!), and of course Matt and Julie, and that cutie Tim Riggins.  If you haven't watched the show and like football, it's definitely worth a shot!  Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!


{TWO}


I have been busy busy busy filling our calendars with fun things to do this summer!  After three years of living here in Loganville, I have found and joined a great Mom's Group, and I am beyond excited!!  It's a bunch of local moms, and we get together for playgroups, mom's night out, walking, sharing recipes, coordinating service projects, and bunches of other things to fill up our calendar.  Thanks to preschool and some other friends, the girls have had lots of playmates, but we had not found many little buddies for Bennett, until now!  This group is full of little boys, which will be especially nice once the girls go back to school in the fall.  I am so anxious to meet some other moms that live around here and hopefully make some new friends.  So far, we've met for library storytime and a park playdate, and meeting next week for another playdate at a member's house, and a breakfast park playdate.  


We have also hit the jackpot with two small local libraries that have some great events and activities available for us to participate in!  Every Friday there are magic shows, science experiments, reptile shows and even a touring miniature pony for us to come see.  And all of it is free!  There are a few pajama movie dates (I'm pretty pumped about those), and a snow cone party at the end of the summer.  I am so excited to add all of these fun events to our bucket list for the summer.  Local libraries are such great resources for fun, educational activities, and I'm so glad we have two great ones very close!


{THREE}




I have been craving light, crisp salads lately, with our beautiful, warm early-summer weather.  And I don't have anything against store bought salad dressings, but I have been on a roll making our own.  It's so, so easy, and I rarely even have to buy any additional ingredients, I usually have everything already on hand!  If you have olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, parsley, lemon juice and some salt and pepper on hand, you can make a delicious dressing that tastes so much better (and more fresh!) than a bottled dressing.  This recipe above is a basic dressing that is simple to make and delicious over a green salad.  I am anxious to try this green goddess recipe, which would be perfect drizzled over ripe summer tomatoes.  And since Brantley is on a big Ranch Dressing kick, I want to whip some of this homemade Ranch up for her.  And here is another great graphic on basic salad dressings, and how to switch up the ingredients (and still keep it so simple!) and make a variety of yummy dressings.  And even more here!


{FOUR}






I can hardly believe it, but I am 2 for 2 when it comes to online swim suit shopping this year!  I ordered a bunch of swimsuits online, fully expecting to find maybe one (if I was lucky) that was going to work for me this summer.  Two have come in, and so far so good!  I have three suits from last year that are going to work again this year, and I was just hoping to add at least one or two to the collection this year.  The top picture is a one piece from Lime Ricki , a brand that offers really cute, modest, and kind of retro swim suits for good prices.  The bottom one is a Kenneth Cole one shoulder one piece that I found on ebay!  Though it is available at macys.com, I found it on ebay for $54, and it was selling for $107 at Macy's!  Both suits offer really great "tummy control," and also lots of cute details.  I don't know what it is this year, but it seems that a lot of swimsuit designers and manufacturers have caught on, and are realizing that there is definitely a need for cute one pieces and tankinis!  Even just last year, the few one pieces that I could find looked horrible on, but the options seemed to have improved this year.  I can't wait to see what the others look like!


{FIVE}




Happy 5th Anniversary today to my brother and his wife!  It was five years ago today that I was a ridiculously swollen and freaking enormous bridesmaid at their beautiful wedding (and then had Brantley 5 days later!).  It's amazing how time flies, and now they have a beautiful daughter and a precious family!  I couldn't be more proud and happy for them and the family and the life that they have made together.  Happy Anniversary, Ramsey and Beth!  Here's to many more!


And with that, I am off!  We have a weekend of no plans ahead of us, which I am pumped about, so I'm thinking pancakes, bouncy house jumping, grilling, and hanging out with the fam.  Sounds perfect to me.  Have a great weekend, y'all!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I so wish I lived in an area that had playgroups and fun events for the kids. We live in such a small town that there is ABSOLUTELY nothing here for them to do. It's sad really.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE that polka dot swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...