Monday, May 19, 2014

Hello Monday

HELLO FRIENDS!  I am back, after a bit of a bloggy break.  I've been thinking about how I wanted to explain my break, and the reasoning behind it, since I like to be transparent and like to be very real in this space.  I am working on that, and will share it soon.  But until then, I thought I would share with you what I am saying HELLO to today. :)


Hello 32!!




Today is actually my 32nd birthday!  Happy Birthday to me!  I plan on spending the day with my sweet kiddos, and spoiling myself! :)  Starbucks, cupcakes, and maybe a little shopping.  I'm going to leave dinner to Scott and not have any major plans, other than lazily do what I want. :)  The last month or so has been pretty taxing, and today, for once, I am going to be a smidge selfish and take care of myself.  I mean, if you can't do that on your birthday, when can you?!




Hello to my sweet THREE year old Gracie!  Saturday was Grayson's third birthday, and we made a big day of it.  I'll share more about her birthday tomorrow, but to skim over the highlights, we had cinnamon rolls with sprinkles for breakfast, G opened her presents, and we headed to Cleveland, Georgia to Babyland General, the home of Cabbage Patch Babydolls!  We had a picnic in the car with Bammy and PaDaddy (it was 54* and we were COLD!), and we headed home.  We ran a quick errand out to get a NEW DOG (more on that in a minute), brought her home and loved on her lots, had hamburgers and french fries, per the birthday girl's request, birthday cake, and a movie night with popcorn and M&M's (again, per request).  Whew!  I think she had a fun day, and kept giving us kisses before bed, one after another.  I just can't believe three years have passed since that sweet little peanut was born.  Happy Birthday, Gracie!!!


Hello DOLLY!




We are so in love with our newest addition, Miss Dolly!!!!  Scott went to Office Max a few weeks ago, and at the Pet Smart next door, it was dog adoption day.  I know better to not even look, but he couldn't resist, and took a look through the puppies available.  This sweet little face was there, but he came home without her, only to tell me all about her and how he almost came home with a friend for Monkey.  Welp, skip to today, when he had to go back to Office Max, and it was adoption day again, and he decided to torture himself again, and take a look.  Her sweet little beagle face was there again, but again, he came home empty handed.  When we got home, he told me about it, and we decided that though it seems totally crazy, we feel like our poor Monk has been lonely and needed a companion.  He loves being around other dogs, and though that in our day to day lives, what's one more dog?  They'll go out together, get fed together, and probably keep each other company.  So out we went, as a family, to pick up our newest family member. :)


Little Dolly (names after Dolly Parton, one of mine and Scott's favorites), is half Monkey's size, shy, skinny, and FAST.  She's still a little nervous, but has yet to bark, bay, snap, or do anything but look adorable since we picked her up.  The girls, as you would imagine, are head over heels, especially Brantley.




The adoption ladies told us to pretty much leave Dolly alone for the first few days, and let her get acclimated to us and how our household works, and then she'll work her way in.  The girls have had a hard time leaving her alone, but have been so sweet and so gentle with her.  They are completely in love.




We even had a parade and a "fancy party" to welcome her. :)  It may take little Dolly a few more days to get used to us, but I am certain she is going to be so happy with us.  We love her so, so much already.  And once Monkey figures out that we are not replacing him, Dolly is going to make him very happy as well. :)


HELLO SUMMER!




The girls had their last day of school last Thursday, so #lutonsummer2014 has officially started!  I don't have every single day planned out or anything, but I really want to make this summer a fun one.  We have lots of fun activities and ideas to try, and a few fun places to go, and I am looking forward to spending quality time with my babies who are growing up so quickly.  Especially Miss B, who will unbelievably be starting kindergarten on August 11th.  So the countdown is on!  I'll also be sharing our summer bucket list later this week!


HELLO MAMA AND BABY GIFT GUIDE!




The lovely ladies of cupcakeMAG have included Goat & Lulu in their Mom and Baby Gift Guide this summer!  So many wonderful artisans and talented craftsman are included, with the most precious items and products for new moms, babies, toddlers, gifts, and more.  The Criss Cross Ruffle Bubble is one of my most popular items, and those pictures of Gracie are some of my very favorites!  Check out the gift guide at cupcakeMAG.com, and make sure to enter the giveaway, for your chance to win a Goat & Lulu shop credit, as well as over $1100 worth of awesome mama and baby products!


HELLO RE-DECK-ORATING!




Our deck has been needing some major TLC for quite some time now.  My parents came down last week and helped me power wash and stain the deck (more like my dad did it, and I helped him a little), and my dad made me these beautiful benches for seating!  I have big plans for a few tables, cushions and pillows to make it very comfy and bright, but for now, it is so wonderful to have a nice, clean deck that we are proud of and happy to spend time on while the kids play in the backyard.  I have been documenting the progress on instagram with the hashtag #reDECKoratingproject, and I can't wait to get going on the fabric and aesthetic touches!  This will be a space we will enjoy year round, I'm sure. 


The one thing I learned from my little break, is though I have a lot of things going on in my life, and lots of things more important than keeping up with this blog, but I still have things I love sharing, and a passion for writing and connecting through the internet.  I appreciate you, my readers, whether you are friends, family, acquaintances, or people I have never met, for sticking with me, and continuing to read along.  I love hearing from you, and am thankful for each and every one of you who read my thoughts and contributions in each post.  THANK YOU for being here for me.


HAPPY Monday and I hope you have a wonderful day!  On my birthday! :)  XOXO :) :) 


Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. happy birthday to you. hope today is both refreshing and joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Amanda. I love your blog. Miss you when you are away but understand completely -- life happens. I hope you enjoy your day. I enjoyed your post today. The girls look so cute holding hands before the last day of school. Love their dress up outfits. Great picture of you -- beautiful at 32!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! You have a beautiful smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet compliment!! Thank you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...