I have posted things about me in the past that I thought you may not know, in an effort to share more about myself so you can get to know me better. I thought I would share 10 more things today, and perhaps you'll learn something new!
1. I got my ears pierced when I turned 5. And in just a few weeks another little girl is going to be turning 5, and she's going to get her ears pierced too! And I know she'll probably choose the sparkly tacky ones, but that's okay, I'll let her pick whichever ones she wants. ;)
2. I drink coffee two ways. When I'm at home, I drink it black. No cream, and especially no sugar. Once in a blue moon I'll add some milk, but 99 times out of 100, it's black. And when I'm going through Starbucks, I get (and only get) a triple venti nonfat latte. That's it.
3. My nickname, given to me by my dad when I was a toddler, is Goat. He never calls me Amanda, only Goat, to this day. And after Brantley was born, my parents nicknamed her Lulu. Aha??! :)
4. I bought the very first wedding dress I tried on, in the very first shop, the very first time I went wedding dress shopping! I tried on a few more in the store, but bought the first one.
5. I have never been snow skiing, and really have no interest in going.
6. I would, however, love to go to Italy. Food, wine, and art history? YES.
7. I played 1 Singles on my high school tennis team in Iowa, but quit my senior year to focus more on cheerleading.
8. My dad and I are 30 years apart, and Bennett and I are 30 years apart.
9. I named one of our dogs Marfer, when I was a little girl, after one of my favorite books, Martha's House. Clearly, I couldn't pronounce "Martha" so well, and also, I had great parents. :)
10. Out of the whole box of chocolates, chocolate covered caramels are my favorites. :)