Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday

Hi Friends!  I'm here today for What I Wore Wednesday, to share the outfits I wore this past week!  After sharing my weekly outfits for almost a year now, I have definitely found that when I get up and get dressed, I am more productive, I am in a better mood, and I get a better jump on the day.  Not to mention I am getting wear out of the clothes already in my closet instead of wearing out my 3 pairs of black yoga pants in rotation!


Anyway, on to the outfits!




I love these drapy tunics that are perfect for the finicky spring weather we've been having.  They have long sleeves and are great for the cool mornings, but are lightweight enough once it warms up in the afternoon.  And these jeans?  They are my new favorites.  They are the Sweetheart Distressed Skinny Jeans from Old Navy, and they fit perfectly.  The first day I wear them (I hope I am not the only one that wears their jeans for a few days before washing them?), they are a perfect skinny jean, then the next day they stretch out a bit, and cuffed up, they are the best boyfriend jean I have come across.  They stretch to become a bit more comfortable, but not loose, so they still look trim and not sloppy, like some boyfriend jeans can.


Striped Tunic- Jane.com
Jeans- Old Navy
Nude Patent Ballet Flats- Target




I was in a hurry to get the kids ready, and then myself ready, for church on Sunday, so I kept it very simple!  This black faux wrap dress is my absolute go-to when I need a no-brainer, I have no time to stand around in my closet and think things through kind of dress.  I threw it on, grabbed the brown and black wedges, put my makeup on in the car, and off to church we went!


Black Faux Wrap Dress- Belk
Black and Brown Wedges- Target




Saturday was such a beautiful day, and we were lucky to have some good friends of ours over to grill out and let the kids play in the backyard!  I wanted something casual and comfortable, so I pulled out my new favorite jeans again, and a lightweight half button up pop over.  I love these tops for this in between spring weather, and they're breezy enough to wear with shorts during the summer too.


White Swiss Dot Pop Over- Old Navy
White Tank- Target
Jeans- Old Navy
Orange Ikat Wedges- K Mart




And yesterday, we still had some lingering rain, but I needed to get out with the kids for haircuts!  So, I grabbed my rainboots, and worked my outfit around them!  It was windy but not cold, so a striped dress and jean jacket fit the bill.  And let me just tell you, years ago I found this Gap jean jacket at Goodwill for about $3!!!  Best $3 I've ever spent.  It is so soft now, it is not your typical stiff denim, it is as soft as a broken in shirt, and I love it.
Jean Jacket- Gap via Goodwill!
Striped Dress- Old Navy
Red Rain Boots- Target
I am linking up with The Pleated Poppy as always, so pop over for more outfit and fashion inspiration over there today!

Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I have those orange k-mart wedges as well as the aqua ones just like them! Our k-mart closed & I think I got them for $2.50 each! Can't wait to bust them out! I also have that tank dress from Old Navy, although I'm having trouble in the undergarment area with it!! I guess a denim jacket woyld take care of that issue, until it's mid summer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I got the wedges for $6!! Cannot beat that! And I feel your pain about the Old Navy dress, the jean jacket covers a lot! :) I'm gonna have to bust out the spanx if/when I wear it on it's own. :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love that last outfit.Those rainboots are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...