Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday

Hi Friends!  I didn't do too bad a job getting up and getting dressed this week; we had a lot going on!  So for this WIWW, I have 5 outfits to share with you!


FINALLY...I made myself something new!!!  I read Caroline Hulse's blog, Sew Caroline, and love her youthful and fresh appraoch to sewing, and now to her new sewing patterns!  The dress I made above is called her "Out and About" dress, and I already cut the fabric to sew another one, I love it so much!  It was very simple (and actually, my first knit project!), and I had been dying for a polka dot dress anyway, so that's what I made.  I wore this to the Moments for Mom night out at the preschool, and it was perfect.  That's the other thing I like about this dress, it's easy to dress up or down; I could just as easily wear it with flip flops as I did with platforms.  I have also bought more fabric (the floral fabric I talked about on Monday) to make Caroline's second dress pattern, the Tank Dress.  So excited!


Navy Polka Dot Dress- Made by Me!
White Platform Sandals- Madden Girl from Macy's
Turquoise Bubble Necklace- Ebay




Looking back at this outfit, I really don't like it very much.  But I guess that's what you get for throwing some clothes on to go to the grocery store without glancing in the mirror before you leave... :)


Aztec Scarf- Charleston Straw Market
Aqua Gauze Button Up- Anthropologie
Distressed Skinnies- Old Navy
White Platform Sandals- Madden girl from Macy's




Total mom outfit!  But it fit the bill for a morning of Catch Air (bouncy house extravaganza place for kids) and Chick Fil A with a dear friend and the littles.  Nothing fancy, all function here, folks.


Gray Striped T- Old Navy
Navy Tassel Scarf- Gap (so the scarf was a little fancy, and not very functional)
Distressed Skinnies- Old Navy
Nude Patent Ballet Flats- Target




Another item here that I am proud to say I made myself!  My top is the Boho Tunic from Pat Bravo patterns, and this is another pattern that I totally love!  It's the second boho tunic I have made, and adjusted the sizing better on this one than on my first try (which turned out fine, just HUGE on me!).  I saw this colorful herringbone chevron months ago, and bought a bunch with the intent on making something really cute with it.  I love how this tunic came out, and plan on making a few more for the summer!  Y'all know how much I like a good tunic. :)


Chevron Herringbone Sleeveless Tunic- Made by Me!
Black Skinny Pants- Gap
Turquoise Sandals- Target
Long Gold Necklaces- Stella & Dot



And lastly, I saw these shorts a while ago, and had to make them mine.  Floral and scalloped??  I had been coveting J.Crew's scalloped shorts for a few years now, and decided I would pounce on these Lilly's.  They are just the right length, though I may actually have to exchange them for a size down (What??  How often does that happen?!), but I really love them.  I love them here, with a loose and casual white swiss dot tunic, and I can definitely see them with an elbow-length striped t shirt for a little pattern mixing.  Either way, they were a slight investment (but still got them on sale and with free shipping!), but I know I'll wear them all summer long.
White Swiss Dot Tunic- Old Navy
Neon Floral Scalloped Buttercup Shorts- Lilly Pulitzer at Saks
Neon and Cork Sandals- Target
I will be linking up with Lindsay over at The Pleated Poppy like always, for lots of style and outfit inspiration.  Pop over and check out all the great ladies that link up and contribute their outfits of the week and their unique senses of style, which is so cool to see!  XOXO!

Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Love the dress and top you made! So cute! And as soon as this postpartum tummy hits the road, I am getting some scalloped shorts. Love them and they look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove your outfits... But you have waaaay nicer legs than me.... The polka dot dress is super cute!!b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne! :) And your comment about my legs is so funny to me, because I am so critical of them!! We are all our own worst enemies, right?! But thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. That dress is awesome! Love it. And the top you sewed also turned out well. You are good at choosing fabrics to go with patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did awesome on that dress and I love the boho top you sewed as well :)
    Cutest scalloped shorts ever!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...