Monday, April 28, 2014

Hello Monday

Hello Friends!  I hope you had a nice weekend!  I thought I'd kick off the week in a positive way, and share everything I'm saying hello to on this Monday...


Hello to the most beautiful fabric I found yesterday!  It's a nice medium-weight linen blend, but with a beautiful drape that will be perfect for a dress!  For MYSELF!  I made a dress for myself last week, and now I'm kind of obsessed with adding some handmade items to my own closet.  Only bad thing, you can make a little girl's dress with a yard of fabric or less, so you only spend between $5-10.  But, a pretty basic women's dress can take 2-4 yards of fabric, so just the cost of fabric can be $40, and then YOU have to make the dress!  Sometimes it's worth it, to make and get exactly what you want, but other times its easier just to buy it!  But this fabric was on sale, and I think it's going to be beautiful in a simple tank dress!


Hello Teacher Appreciation Week!  We ADORE our preschool teachers, so we will be showing them the love this week!


Hello about five overripe bananas, that will be turned into smoothies and banana milkshakes this week!  My dad used to make banana milkshakes sometimes when I was little, and it was such a treat for us.  On Saturday, I made the kids banana milkshakes with lunch, and Ben gulped the entire thing down without stopping to breathe once!  Needless to say, they were a hit.






Hello deck updates!  I am working on cleaning up and decorating our backyard deck, now that the weather is starting to get nice.  I hung a little birdcage and added a bit of moss and some candles, and have been looking for fabric for cushions and pillows for the benches my dad is building me for my birthday!  Next up, power washing and staining.  Not nearly as much fun as picking out fabric, but much needed!


Hello new beginnings, new attitudes, and new intentions. :)


What are you saying hello to today??


Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I love that fabric. Post a pic when you finish the dress, I'd love to see it!
    I can't sew a button on so I'll just live my crafty side through you :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...