Friday, April 25, 2014

Five on Friday



TGIF!  I'm linking up with the lovely ladies listed above for a little Five on Friday.  So here's my five things I'd like to share today!


ONE




First and most important, I have a new nephew!!!  Harrison Robert Luton was born to my brother in law, Clay, and my sister in law, Lindsay this morning!!  Harry is their third baby, and just as beautiful as his older brother and older sister!!  I was in the hospital when Banks and Raleigh were born, so I'm sad that we couldn't be there when little Harry was born, but I'm certain we'll be making a trip to see them before too much longer.  I can't wait to get some sweet newborn snuggles from him!  So, a huge congratulations to Clay and Lindsay, big brother Banks and big sister Raleigh!  We love you all so much, and are so thrilled about Harry's arrival!!


TWO




Last night I went to "Moments for Mom" at the girls' preschool.  I have always been a big fan of the preschool, and this event that they do at the end of the year just for moms is so special.  It's a night only for mom, no children, and all the teachers provide desserts, coffee, tea, and set up themed tables by class for the moms to sit and chat, and have some time to ourselves.  There are fun games, awesome prizes, and all of our children's special artwork is on display, plus lots of special projects that they have worked on just for mom.  We had a few speakers that shared their stories and their faith, and shared encouraging words about motherhood. They shared that though we get tired, and outdone, and feel like what we're doing isn't important, that we are very special, and that we are doing the most important job in the world, and that we mean so much to our children.  And when you read things like what Brantley wrote about me, that "I love my mom because she finds time to read to me," and that "I love my mom because she works so hard at sewing stuff," you know, that even on the days you feel like nothing is going the way it should, that you really are doing a pretty good job.  So, thanks Bright Beginnings, for the Moments for Mom, the encouragement and support, for reaffirming that I am special, and for reminding me of the most important things in my life.  Oh, and the desserts.  Thanks for all the desserts. :)


THREE




This precious little (or not so little!) boy had his 18 month checkup on Monday!  He is 28 pounds 7 ounces (bigger than Gracie), which puts him in the 83rd percentile for weight, and he's in the 97th percentile for height!!  So after two petite little ladies, Ben is our big bruiser!  He may be the little brother, but he will certainly be able to take care of his big sisters.  Poor boy got one shot, but won't have to have another until he turns four.  But he took it in stride since mama had a lolly handy. :)  Cannot believe that before we know it, our baby boy will be 2.  Sweet boy!


FOUR


Brantley and Grayson's birthdays are coming up, and are less than a month apart.  Last year, instead of doing 2 parties 3 weeks apart, in which we invite almost the exact same people, we decided to combine their parties, and just have one to celebrate both their birthdays.  It was a blast, so much fun, and so much easier to plan than two parties!  So, we are doing the same thing this year (and probably every year from here on out until they decide they want separate celebrations), and I am having a lot of fun working on their birthday extravaganza!  I've been pinning and planning, and have a few ideas going...




Can you guess the theme??!!  We are having a birthday carnival for Brantley and Grayson!!!  I am having a big time planning all the fun things we're going to do, and a few surprises for the girls.  Plus, I am having so much fun designing their outfits for the big occasion.  Stay tuned for more fun party details!


FIVE




I'm thinking that this Skinny Taco Dip looks like something yummy to make this weekend.  I like making appetizers on Saturday afternoons to snack on, especially when it's nice out (that I may or may not like to drink a cold beer along with). :)  This recipe is lightened up with Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, so I won't feel as guilty eating half of it. :)  Check out the recipe here


I hope you have a fantastic weekend!  See you Monday!!  XOXO!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. That taco dip looks delicious!
    Thank you for sharing the words from Moments with Mom - sometimes we all need a little reminder that everything we do for/with/around them is worthwhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, of course! ;) We can't wait for you to meet our big guy! And I'm excited to see all the birthday party pics-it looks like it'll be an awesome party for two special girls. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...