Friday, April 18, 2014

Five on Friday


Happy Friday Friends!  I'm sharing five things today, and linking up with the lovely ladies for this (Good) Five on Friday!  
ONE









These sweet kiddos had their Easter egg hunts at school yesterday!  Well, Brantley and Grayson did, and Ben tagged along. :)  I even brought Ben his own bag and eggs to "hunt." Everyone had a fun time, even though we had to layer up thanks to a chilly morning.  But, the forecast for Easter Sunday is looking much warmer, hooray!















TWO





If you are a fan of rompers for your kids for the summer, you absolutely MUST take advantage of the Goat & Lulu rompers on sale on the daily deal site, Kate & Linny, RIGHT NOW!!!  The girls Ruffle Bubble Romper, which is normally $34, is on sale for $19.99 on Kate & Linny!  3 adorable color/fabric combinations are available, and will be perfect for your little girl this summer!  And also, the Boys Jon-Jon Shorts Romper, which is normally $26, is on sale for $17.99!!!  It is available in 4 fabrics, and perfect for the summertime.  They are only available on Kate & Linny for a limited time, so you have to act fast!
THREE




If you are looking for a yummy spring and definitely summer side dish, I have found it for you.  You're welcome.  We usually put something on the grill on Friday nights, and last Friday, Scott marinated and grilled some chicken, and I made this Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad to go with it, and it was delicious.  There's also feta cheese, red onion, and cucumber in it, and you make a very simple cilantro vinaigrette to   go over it.  It was so fresh, and made A LOT, so I ate it for lunch the next day too.  The kids love vegetables (especially corn), so they ate it up too.  I suppose you could make it easier instead of making your own vinaigrette (but seriously, there's nothing to it), you could just pour your favorite bottled salad dressing over the top (this would be a good idea, too, if you have a picky eater that only likes Ranch, or whatever the case may be), and then it would go even faster.  But we ate our grilled chicken, the salad, and some french bread, and though I'm not big on menu repeats, I could eat this dinner all summer long.  Okay, maybe once a week all summer long. :)


FOUR




I like to stay up late anyway, but when Scott is out of town, I stay up especially late so that when I get into bed, I am so tired that I fall right to sleep and don't have any time to think about all the criminals outside my door plotting their break in and kidnapping of my family (seriously, I come up with the craziest scenerios in my head.  I even plan my routes through the house so that I can grab our gun and each of the kids in the most efficient way and fastest amount of time).  So, this past week, I was watching tv and fell asleep on the sofa (not unusual), and woke up the next morning with two little snuggle bugs cuddled up and squeezed onto the sofa with me.  That's Brantley in the red plaid nightgown, me in the red stripes, and Grayson curled up between my legs.  Thankfully, it was actually pretty comfortable, and we just snuggled for a while before I got up to get ready.  Once I moved, got up to take a shower and get ready, this is how I came back to find them:
These girls sure love to sleep, and sleep as snuggly with each other as they can. :)
FIVE



And most importantly, we are excited to celebrate Easter this weekend!  Scott's mom is coming to visit today, and we have some fun Easter crafts to do, some eggs to color, and I have three sweet Easter outfits to sew (nothing like the last minute, right?!).  I absolutely love that Brantley and Grayson go to a Baptist preschool, and so much of their learning is Christian-focused.  So they have learned so much about what Easter really means, and the important things about Easter, and are really beginning to understand what the holiday is celebrating (probably more than me, ha!).  So Happy Easter, friends, and I hope you are able to spend time with your family and loved ones this weekend, reflecting on the sacrifice that Jesus made for us and the strength of God and the love that he has for us.  And, as Brantley would say, that "Jesus is Alive!" :)
Have a great weekend, friends!  See you Monday!  XOXO
Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Jesus is Alive!!! Absolutely the best closing for this post
    Hope you and yours have had a blessed Easter Sunday my friend

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...