Monday, April 14, 2014

Currently...

I haven't done one of these lately, so I thought I'd clue you in on some of the things currently going on in my life...




appreciating cold beer (or wine) on a warm evening. 
reading sewing pattern tutorials and cookbooks.
listening to any and every song from Frozen!  Brantley and Grayson play Frozen all day every day lately (Brantley always insists that sh'e Elsa, and walks around in her click-clack shoes and long white play gloves, chanting, "don't feel!  don't feel!" and telling Grayson (who always has to play Anna) to stay away from her, and singing "let it go" and "do you want to build a snowman." ALL.DAY.LONG. :)


tasting Blueberry Lemon Cake with a Sweet Lemon Glaze that I made for dessert last night!  It's an easy, short-cut kind of recipe, and I'll be sharing it here later this week!
learning to be more patient with the kids, and Brantley especially.  She acts like a little adult so much, and wants to be a big girl SO BADLY, that when she misbehaves (aka acts her age), I get upset with her.  Lately I have been repeating to myself over and over, that "she is only 4."  It reminds me to slow down and remember she is still only a child.  It definitely helps calm me down when I might otherwise overreact.
noticing all the beautiful trees and flowers blooming!  And that yucky pollen has already began to appear. :/
anticipating Easter!  I'm excited for the kids to get all dressed up, and have a little egg hunt of our own in the backyard. :)  I think Ben will love it.
working smarter, not harder.  Or, trying to figure out ways to work smarter, not harder.



making lots and lots of sweet Easter, spring and summer outfits!  It will be the summer of the ruffle bubble, based on the demand for them in my shop already!
watching I just finished season 3 of The Walking Dead.  Took me a while to hop on that bandwagon, but now I get it.  SUCH an awesome show!  And I am pumped that Mad Men is back on!  I just finished season 6, so I am up to date!
accepting constructive (but sometimes not) criticism, even when it hurts my feelings.  Which it does, most of the time.  My work is very personal, and something that I take a lot of pride in.  When people are mean or not understanding, or just generally unkind, that can be hard for this sensitive girl.
organizing my closet.  The kitchen.  The playroom.  I'm trying to declutter, and may even do the 40 bags in 40 days challenge again.
planning a joint birthday party for two sweet little girls turning 5 and 3!  Can't wait to share the theme, invitation and ideas I have!
loving  chips and salsa!  My mom had a bumper crop of tomatoes last year, and canned tons of salsa from last summer.  So I brought home a big jar of it last week, and man, it's good!  And almost gone already!
buying warm weather clothes for me and the kids!  And soon...swimsuits. Duh-duh...DUUUUHHHHHHH!
finishing  nothing, or so it seems.  I have about 20 projects up in the air, unfinished.  I need to get with the program and get some stuff done.
embracing the kids ages right now.  18 months is CONSTANT MOTION, but (almost) 3 and (almost) 5 are pretty great.
daring to paint the girls bedroom.  Everytime I paint their wall, they color a lovely mural with crayons once it dries (or so it seems).  Do I leave it (it's driving me batty) or repaint and just hope they don't do it again??  The struggles I deal with everyday... :)


What's currently going on in your life?

Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. why not paint their wall with chalk board paint and then they can have a creative space to express themselves without you having to repaint each time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks amazing! I can't wait to get the recipe. I love all things lemon :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...