Wednesday, March 26, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday

Hi Friends!  Between my kids being snotty and sick, and me being snotty and sick this past week (I am still coughing, but at least it's breaking up, and I think we're in the homestretch), I didn't put my best fashionable foot forward this week.  Most days were spent in pajama pants, which I traded out for old, soft, worn jeans when I had to run into the preschool to pick up the girls, and then right back into the pajamas as soon as I got back home.


I did manage two outfits to share for the week though!




I loved how this outfit turned out!  Who says eyelet is only for the summertime, anyway?  This green utility jacket has really become a very versatile piece for me.  I wear it with jeans and t shirts, with dresses, you name it, I wear my jacket over it.  Since Old Man Winter hasn't quite given up on us yet, I added a pair of black tights and my brown ankle boots.  I'm anxious, though, for some warmer temperatures, so I can wear my jacket and the eyelet dress with the cutest pair of taupe lace-up wedges I got with a ShoeDazzle credit last month. :) :)


Green Hooded Utility Jacket- Charlotte Russe
Cream Eyelet Shift Dress- Belk
Black Tights- Target
Brown Ankle Boots- ShoeDazzle




After I posted my Spring 2014 Fashion Must Haves on Monday, I have been on the hunt to start marking things off my list.  Who knew I'd get so lucky as to find one thing already!  After I dropped the girls off at preschool yesterday, Ben and I made an unplanned trip over to TJ Maxx to see what spring beauties we could find.  I seriously could've easily spent $1000+ on all the awesome shirts, dresses, jeans, swimsuits and shoes we found!  And who knew, but they had a huge display full of white jeans.  Different styles, lengths, leg openings, fits, brands, sizes, you name it, it was there.  Now I knew that white jeans were going to be tough to find, since I have a hard time not only finding jeans that fit, shape and length-wise, but with white jeans you have to be particularly picky.  Or I do.  I wanted white skinny jeans.  They need to be slim, but not too tight.  No white jeggings for me.  The denim needs to be thin, but not see-through.  I need a mid rise (no low rise jeans for this mama anymore), but not "mom jeans."  Lo and behold, I found exactly what I was looking for!!  For $30!!!!!  They are New York and Company Soho Skinny Ankle Jeans (yes, ankle length jeans actually fit me just right, all 5'3" of me), and they are perfect.  A substantial-weight denim so they don't show through, but they are not too heavy.  They come up to right underneath my belly button and have "tummy panels" (So embarrassing.  My 18 year old self would DIE if she knew I would one day, in the not so distant future, actually be wearing jeans with "tummy panels") to keep everything all tidy and tucked in with nothing spilling out over the top (because, again, that is bad enough in regular jeans, but a muffin top is really unattractive in white jeans).  They are snug, but not tight, and I wore them all day without stretching and becoming baggy (which is such a pet peeve of mine with denim).  So, as you can tell, I am pumped about my white jean find.  Now, I am just crossing my fingers that Scott doesn't accidentally shrink them in the wash, or that they don't get stained with who knows what from the dirty little hands of three certain little monkeys....


Neutral Infinity Scarf- Urban Outfitters
Gray Tunic Tee- Groop Dealz
Gray Drape Cardi- Target
White Jeans- New York and Co via TJ Maxx
Nude Patent Ballet Flats- Target 


I will be linking up as usual with Lindsay from The Pleated Poppy today!  Check it out for lots of outfit and style inspiration and join in the fun too!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...