Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday

Hey Friends, and welcome to What I Wore Wednesday!  We have had some absolutely gorgeous spring weather this past week, and we've also had a lot going on, so I've had some fun reasons to get dressed and out of my yoga pants.  Here are my outfits for the week!




Ahhh, finally!  Short sleeves!  Dresses!!  My photos are a little out of order this week, but this is what I wore yesterday, in beautiful 70 degree weather!!!  We played in the backyard and ran a few errands, no big deal, but this striped maxi fit the bill perfectly.  It's another winner from Wal Mart, and was only $15!!!  I love this beige and white striped version, and I'm going to go back and pick up the solid red and probably the solid black versions as well!  And I typically take off the belts that come with dresses (any dress, not just Wal Mart dresses!), but I like this cute little macrame/rope twisted belt that came with it.  Can't get much easier than a maxi for warm weather.


Striped Maxi Dress- Wal Mart




I wore this on the one and only cold (and I mean freeeeezing cold) day this past week, when I met my mom and one of my good friends to do some awesome consignment sale shopping!  My typical cold weather uniform- tunic, cardi, skinny jeans, and ballet flats.  I love the detail of the tunic, and I just wore a delicate gold chain with it, since the attention didn't need to be detracted from the gorgeous print!


Gray Ruffle Cardigan- Groop Dealz
Geometric Tunic- Anthropologie
Skinny Jeans- Old Navy
Nude Ballet Flats- Target
Gold Clover Necklace- Stella & Dot
Medallion Date Necklace- Amy Cornwell




I have been waiting for some nice weather to wear this sweater!  It's a very loose, open weave, so it's very lightweight, and just needed a tank underneath it.  It was perfect for a sunny day at the park with the kiddos and my brother, sister in law, and sweet niece while Scott had a meeting!  


Peach and White Chevron Dolman Sweater- Groop Dealz
White Tank- Old Navy
Skinny Jeans- Old Navy
Nude Ballet Flats- Target
Gold Mom Necklace- Stella & Dot




I had a fun girls night out with my grandmother and mom for my Grandmother's 82nd birthday this past week!  We went out to dinner in Decatur, and I took the opportunity to wear high heels, since I usually avoid them when I'm with the kids!




I bought these on clearance for $10 when I was pregnant with GRAYSON, and this is the first time I have worn them!  I am sooo out of the habit of wearing high heels, and my poor feet and ankles were DYING by the time I got home!  Glad I got at least one wear out of them, though!


White Tunic Popover- Old Navy
White Tank- Old Navy
Black Skinny Pants- Gap
Red Peep Toe Ruffle Booties- Festivity (little boutique in the Highlands)




And to wrap up our busy weekend, we went over to have dinner with some friends of ours on Sunday afternoon.  I was actually pretty warm in the sunshine with my boots and my jean jacket on, but once it got a little later, it was perfect.  We ate dinner on the deck and it was a wonderful evening.  I love basic outfits like this, that are so comfortable and so easy to wear.  Oh, how I wish we had the mild winter that we had last year, this year!


Jean Jacket- Gap
Gray Dress- Old Navy
Red Tassel Necklace- Amanda Macy Hall
Brown Boots- Macys


As always, I'll be linking up with Lindsey from The Pleated Poppy for lots of outfit and style inspiration.  Pop over and take a look, and get some outfit ideas for your own closet like I do!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I always love your style! You have a great wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...