Friday, March 21, 2014

Coffee Date Friday



Hello Friends, and happy Friday!  I am worn out for our coffee date today, so I'll be drinking a biiiiiiig cup this morning.  Probably a few big cups!  I'm linking up with Rags to Stitches as usual for our weekly chit chat.  So pull up a seat and let's fill up our mugs. :)


If we were meeting for coffee today...


Eating cookies, and leaving a bit on his shirt for later :)

...perhaps we could be meeting at Starbucks and sitting at a table outside, enjoying this gorgeous spring weather!  Hooray!  Winter had it's last hoorah last week, but maybe we'll have moderately warmer temps for a while before it becomes summer, ha!  Yesterday was just gorgeous, but unfortunately it seems that Ben and I are getting sniffly and achy (hopefully just the quick change in temperature?), and I actually took a nap yesterday while he napped, and the girls cuddled up to me and watched cartoons.  It is highly unusual for me to sit down to take a nap, so I must've really needed it!  And Ben woke up snotty, and felt a little warm to me yesterday afternoon.  With his history of febrile seizures, I don't mess around with even low grade fevers, so we started on the motrin and tylenol cocktail.  I like to keep a very close eye on him when he's sick too, in case one of those nasty seizures sneaks up on us.  We did get out late yesterday afternoon for a little sidewalk chalk, but we're hoping to take advantage of the sun and the nice forecasted weather this weekend!




...I would tell you that I started working on another custom quilt!  This one is a simple square patchwork quilt, and is just a small crib size compared to my last one, which was a full/queen size!  My customer pretty much gave me creative license to do whatever I wanted, they just wanted it pink and girly.  I wanted to keep the pattern simple, but play with color, and decided to do an ombre effect with fabric I already had on hand.  Luckily, I have LOTS of pink!  I love the transition from the light to dark pink, and the use of lots of different patterns.  I started and completed the quilt top yesterday, which is the most time consuming part, for sure.  Hoping to have it finished by this weekend, for the customer to give as a special gift for a new baby girl!


...I would tell you that I have heard some bad health news from a few people close to my family recently.  And unfortunately, both people are very close in age to me, which is so, so scary.  It makes you realize that even though we are (relatively) young, we are not invincible, and we have so much to be grateful for, and truly have to count our blessings each and every day.  And not only that, but I am the worst at making and keeping doctor's appointments for myself, and taking time out to take care of myself.  It slaps you in the face and makes you realize that preventative health is SO important, and can very literally be the difference between life and death.  If we want to be around to take care of our children and our families, we have to first make sure that we, ourselves are taken care of.  I will be scheduling physicals, check-ups, dentist and dermatologist appointments early next week for sure.  Lots and lots of prayers to my friends and their families dealing with their difficult diagnosis.


Brantley (princess) and Grayson (bunny rabbit) watching Frozen right out of the bath


...I would tell you on a lighter note, that we are Frozen obsessed in our house!  I picked it up from Wal Mart on Tuesday, and it has been on a loop constatly  since then!  Wish I had seen this post from my friend Amy of Total Tippins Takeover, for a way to get the movie for FREE!  But seriously, the girls are hooked.  And even Ben sings along!  Brantley proclaimed that Frozen is her very favorite movie, "EVER," and both the girls sing the songs CONSTANTLY.  Speaking of, does any other mom out there totally lose it when "Let It Go" comes on??  I can barely hold it together, and cry pretty much everytime I hear it.  Especially when both my girls are fixated on the screen (as shown above), and are singing right along.  And Idina Menzel owns that song.  It is hers, hands down, no questions, forever and ever, it is just so amazing and so magical.  Maybe at some point I'll be able to actually see the whole movie all the way through, instead of just bits and pieces! :)




...I would share with you that I had two great business meetings this week with some really exciting things coming up for Goat & Lulu.  Of course, neither is at the point where I can really get into the details, but let's just say that Goat & Lulu is going to be growing.  As someone told me this week, I am trying to work smarter, not harder, and will be making some big changes, and some big moves to make that happen.  Exciting things are on the horizon, friends!


And with that, I would probably need to wrap things up.  What are your plans this weekend?  Enjoying the beautiful weather like us?  R&R?  Scott's been working really hard lately and been out of town a lot, so I'm just glad we'll all be back together!  I wish you the most wonderful of wonderful weekends, friends, and will see you on Monday!

XOXO!!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...