Friday, March 14, 2014

Coffee Date Friday



Hi Friends!  TGIF, right?  Thanks for joining me on our own little coffee date today.  I am linking up with Rags to Stitches as usual today for our weekly chit chat. :)


If we were meeting for coffee this morning...


...I would tell you that this time change has thrown our family for a loop!  Springing ahead is never fun since you lose an hour of sleep, and for my kids, going to bed at their normal time has just been a failure every single night this week.  We started out going to bed too late and over sleeping earlier in the week, but hopefully we're just about back on track.  For everyone's sake.


...I would tell you that I went grocery shopping at Sam's earlier in the week!  Scott got a business membership for his company, and through some sort of promotion they were running, we got a $200 gift card with out new membership.  Awesome, right?!  So I bought humongous packages of chicken and ground beef, 6 pounds of spaghetti, 10 pounds of potatoes, and all kinds of other bulk food.  My intent was to get a lot of meal basics that we eat a lot of anyway, so that I can build our weekly meals around those items, and can just supplement with our weekly grocery trips to Kroger, and we won't have to spend as much money.  I'm actually a little excited (nerd, I know) to challenge myself to come up with as many unique meals as I can with the food we have on hand.




...I would tell you that this kid thoroughly enjoyed the chocolate cupcakes I whipped up yesterday. :)


...I would tell you that I am pretty excited to see one of my dearest friends and her little girl this afternoon, for a playdate at the airplane park.  It really is a great playground right at the edge of a small private airport in Atlanta, so I think Ben is going to LOVE seeing all the airplanes right over the fence!  And anything that involves a swingset is a winner for the girls.  The weather even looks like it might cooperate and make it a great afternoon for us, fingers crossed!


...I would ask you if you have plans for the weekend!  I have some sewing to do, but really hoping to hang out in my pajamas most of the weekend!  Maybe get some laundry done, and hopefully finish watching the third season of GIRLS.  Another realllllly good show, have you seen it??  So good.


I guess that's about it for me today.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and hope you have lovely springtime temperatures to enjoy. :)  See you Monday!


XOXO!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the linkup. Sitting in pjs all weekend for the win!! :-) What do you sew?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura Beth, thanks for stopping by!!! I make children's clothes, for my etsy shop Goat & Lulu! Check it out here: www.etsy.com/shop/goatandlulu :) :) Have a great weekend!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...