Friday, March 7, 2014

Coffee Date Friday



Hello Friends!  Welcome to Coffee Date Friday, where we have a little virtual chat, as if we were meeting for coffee.  Linking up with Rags to Stitches, as usual. :)


If we were meeting over coffee this morning...


...I would have to bitch about how freezing cold it was yesterday!!!  Seriously, winter, I'm so over you.  I mean, it's okay if we're not in full-fledged shorts and t shirt weather yet, but 30 degrees, very windy and rainy?  Not cool.  


...I would tell you that despite the weather I had great luck yesterday, shopping for the kids at our preschool's consignment sale!  Their preschool has two consignments sales each year, and for the past three years, I have made out like a bandit.  Bathing suits, smocked dresses, jon jons, a few pairs of shoes, and more, I did my damage again this year.  But, compared to what I would have spent on everything if I had bought it retail first hand, I got so many great deals!  




...I would tell you that I made the Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo for dinner last night, and MAN, was it good.  I added artichoke hearts and some mushrooms into the sauce, and you seriously did not miss any meat.  It's a keeper.  Find the recipe here and try it out this weekend!




...I would tell you that I got to go out on Wednesday night, and celebrate my grandmother's birthday!  We had a fun dinner out, and it was nice to get away for the evening. 


...I would tell you that Bennett has been killing me lately with all the things he has been saying!  He loves saying "thank you" now, and will even say it in the right context without having to be prompted.  He also will say "I don't know," or as he actually says it, "awnt-no," and it's about the cutest thing I've ever heard.  I love hearing his sweet little voice, and am so glad he starting to communicate so well!


...I would ask you if you have big plans for the weekend??  Scott has to work Saturday, so we'll be chilling at home, most likely.  We've had a busy week, so some R&R will be in order.  Maybe some laundry.  Maybe some sewing.  Maybe a nap??


That's about it for me today, so I'd have to wrap up our coffee date.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and see you Monday!

XOXO!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. No big plans for us this weekend either. I'm thinking a nap will definitely happen around here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...