Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday

I tell 'ya, this Georgia weather is absolutely bipolar.  It was cold enough last week that the snow from our big storm stayed around for about 3-4 days, but then on Saturday, it registered 66 degrees on my car temperature gauge!  And dressing for weather like that can be difficult!  I am not great about checking the forecast, so I tend to dress in layers and shed them if I need to.  Anyway...here's what I wore this week, with highs ranging from 45 degrees to 65 degrees!




I never get to wear outfits like this anymore; this is such a Casual Friday kind of outfit I used to wear in my AmericaMart days!  I actually had a business meeting last week, and this is what I wore!  I am working on BIG things for Goat & Lulu this year, and starting early.  And it was pretty fun to dress the part, too. :)  I have had this blazer since my freshman year of college, and I about died when I put it on and it actually fit!  I wanted to look polished but still laid back, so dark jeans and a ruffled top with lace detail fit the bill.  And my Stella & Dot mother's necklace to remind me why I do Goat & Lulu in the first place. :)


Black Blazer- The Limited (ancient!)
Burgundy Ruffle and Lace Top- Groop Dealz
Cream Tank- Old Navy
Jeans- Gap via Ebay!
Leopard Kitten Heels- Bakers





I have gotten great wear out of this chevron maxi dress.  I wore it this past weekend to two birthday parties, and it was comfortable and I loved layering several delicate gold necklaces with it.  It's one of my best purchases of 2013, for sure.


Chevron Maxi Dress- Groop Dealz




For a casual day earlier this week, I wore this lightweight plaid tunic with jeggings and boots.  Comfy, and I threw my heavy gray toggle cardigan sweater over it when I went outside, because we were back in the 40's today.  And as You can probably tell from all the photos this week, I have been trying out wavy hair again, with a new curling iron!  I got one of the new ceramic ones that don't have a clamp, it's just a "curling wand."  I am clearly still getting the hang of it.  Curling irons have never been my thing (I have used curlers/hot rollers since middle school!), as I have A LOT of hair, and curling section by section takes forever.  But I really like the wand idea, and it's pretty easy (or getting easier), and though I have not mastered it yet, I like having a different look besides a straight bob.


Plaid Tunic- Pink Lemonade Boutique (on Facebook)
White Tank- Old Navy
Jeggings- Hue from Belk
Brown Riding Boots- Macys




It took me a while to hop on the fur vest bandwagon.  When I first saw them and liked them on Pinterest a few years ago, I thought, nope, not practical, and nope, not versatile.  But now that the kids are getting bigger and I am not covered in vomit every single day (most weeks), I thought I'd go for it.  Why not?!  When I got this in the mail, I did a happy dance, because it was EXACTLY what I wanted.  I wanted it to be a slim cut (since obviously the fur is bulky, and I didn't want it to add too much volume), I wanted a light brown color, and I wanted it to come down to thigh-length.  Check, check and check!  I have been pinning several different ways to wear it onto my Outfit Inspiration board, and can't wait to try to wear it a few different ways (these two are my favorites).  This week, I just played it simple and let the vest speak for itself!
Fur Vest- Ebay!!  And less than $30!
White Tunic- Old Navy
Skinnies- Levis
Boots- Fergie from Belk
Gold Tassel Necklace- Amanda Macy Hall on Etsy 
I am linking up with The Pleated Poppy as usual, and checking out all the other awesome ladies and their fun fashion inspiration!
Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I totally get you on the crazy weather! It's been 66 degrees and 10 degrees in the last few weeks. It's so hard to know what to wear! I really love that pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! Texas weather is just as crazy. All your outfits are cute but I actually think I like the fur vest one the best! Which is weird, because just like you I didn't think I had hopped on the bandwagon yet either.

    Stephanie
    vainandsimple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...