Friday, February 14, 2014

Coffee Date Friday: Melty Icy Valentines Edition



Happy Friday, friends, and Happy Valentine's Day!  Wishing you lots and lots of love today!  Thanks for joining me for our weekly coffee date, and I'm linking up with Rags to Stitches as usual.


If we were meeting over coffee this morning...


...it would be the first time I have left my house since SUNDAY.  To say I am stir crazy is the understatement of the year.  Our snow/ice started melting yesterday, and we should be back to normal today.  The girls have been with my parents all week, but that wasn't the original plan.  I was supposed to meet my mom on Wednesday to get them back, but neither of us could drive anywhere with our awful winter storms!  So, we all stayed safe and sound in the house.  Well.  Thank the Lord the roads are clear now, because I was going to freaking lose it if I was going to be stuck in the house one more day.  Yes, I did have fun with just Bennett this week.  But I had so many other fun things planned that we didn't get to do, and I was (am) really disappointed.  Oh well.  What can you do.  God laughs in our faces when we make big plans, right?


...I would tell you that since I haven't left the house, I have pretty much nothing for the kids or for Scott for Valentine's Day!  It's not a huge deal, since we had the Valentine's Playdate last weekend and the girls had their parties at school last week, but I wanted to have at least a little something for them, and a card and some candy.  But, nothing.  I'm going to have to hit up Wal-Mart on my way to pick up the girls, and search through the picked-over cheap chocolates and junk to at least make it a little special.  I'm thinking some heart shaped pizzas will be in order. :)


...I would ask you if you have big plans tonight?  Do you make Valentine's Day a big deal?  Is "everyday Valentine's Day in your house?"  We are probably going to lay low,  make a nice dinner after the kids go to bed, and maybe watch a movie.  Very low key.  Especially since we haven't been out of the house to get each other anything, haha!


...I would tell you that I am hooked on another show, Sons of Anarchy.  Probably not one that I would've ever watched if I hadn't heard how good it was, but it's about a motorcycle club in California, and their family, their crime and violence, their drama, and love for each other.  Now I'm on the 5th season on Netflix, and am truly so disappointed that I don't have many more episodes to watch!  It is such an  awesome show, and even if motorcycles are not your thing, it's worth watching.  If not just for Charlie Hunnum. :)


...I would probably have to make it short and run, since I have to get those Valentine's errands in before I pick up my girlies. :)  The house has been very, very quiet without them, and now I realize how much they really do all three play together!  I think Ben will be happy to see his sisters, and it'll be nice to be all back together again!


So, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to you, and lots and lots of love from me!  See you Monday!


XOXO



Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...