Thursday, January 16, 2014

What I'm Loving Right Now

I haven't done one of these in a while, so I thought I would share some of the things I'm currently loving in the New Year!


-Let me start with one thing I am not loving.  The fact that my children think it's hilarious in the split second that I lose sight of them, to find my glasses and rip them to pieces.  And then they hide them, or silently put them back into my glasses case as though nothing has happened.  Then the one morning that my contacts are glued to my eyeballs, I find my glasses to give my dry eyes some relief, only to find that they are broken, twisted, and are useless.  UGHHHHHH!  THE WORST!  Sadly, this has happened twice now, and I am again in the market for new glasses.  Enter what I am LOVING, Warby Parker's new Palm Springs Eyeglasses and Sunglasses Limited Edition line!  If you wear glasses and you're not familiar with Warby Parker, you should be.  They create vintage inspired glasses with a contemporary twist, and are FAR less expensive than a lot of  designer brands in your optometrist's office.  They have 13 showrooms in the US, but if you're not  close to one of them, no problem!  You can check out the collection, and all their other cool styles on their website (take a look here!).  And not only do they have super cool glasses, but they have a great "buy one, give one" philosophy, a la Tom's and other community-conscious companies.  With every Warby Parker pair of glasses purchased, they donate a pair of glasses to one of their non-profit partners like Vision-Spring, that in turn provides glasses and training to low-income entrepreneurs in developing countries to start their own businesses selling glasses.  How cool is that?!  So not only are you buying some cool glasses for yourself (since you have destructive children...or not :)), you are giving a person in need a pair of glasses, AND helping them start their own business to support themselves, their family, and improve the economy!  That's like a win-win-win-win situation.


So anyway, in their new Palm Springs Collection, they refreshed some of their most popular frames, and used a palette of mesquite, acacia, ironwood and sand, to create a great line for spring, and great options for updating your glasses.  Here are a few of the styles I am LOVING...










The Duckworth in Painted Desert


I think either will be versatile and modern, with a vintage twist.  My very favorite kind of style!




-My kids love to color and draw.  They also like to color and draw all over the walls, furniture, each other, and every surface you can imagine.  When I ordered these Water Wow! coloring books from Melissa & Doug for the kids for Christmas, I thought they'd probably like them, but I had no idea they'd be the hits that they are.  It comes with a little refillable water pen that functions like a paintbrush.  You "paint" each page where indicated, and a picture comes through from underneath.  Then once the page dries, you can reuse it and repaint it whenever you'd like.  They are AWESOME!  They are meant to be travel toys, and would definitely be great in the car, but my kids just use them at home.  No mess, no broken crayons all over the floor, no markers on the walls, and even if they do decide to try to paint the furniture with the little pen that comes with it, it's only water!  We have lost the pen a few times and had to put out a search party for it, but worst case, they could just use a regular watercolor paint brush, and use it just like they are painting.  But it's been a great alternative to regular coloring, and keeps the kids occupied for long stretches of time (and what mom doesn't love that!).


-I don't know about you, but I have about 1400 photos stored on my phone.  Not only do I have so many photos on my phone, but I have four and a half years worth of children's pictures (and 8+ years of pictures with Scott!) that I have stored on my computer and on my external hard drive that I have YET to make into photo books via Shutterfly like I had intended.  So, Scott and I were watching Shark Tank the other night, and the owners of Groove Book came on.  Groove Book is subscription service, for just $2.99 a month, and every month you select and upload up to 100 photos from your phone into Groove Book, and they send you a 4x6 photo book of those 100 photos every month!  The price of the book and the shipping is all included in the $2.99 fee, so pretty much you get a 4x6 book of 100 of your favorite pictures every month.  How awesome is that???  Especially since creating a photo book on Shutterfly (for me at least) can take HOURS upon hours to create.  I don't think that Groove Book will necessarily replace the nice hard bound photo books that you can create with your favorite photo website, but at least you'll have those pictures off your phone and into a physical book.  And for only three bucks!  And every month!  I signed up literally as we were watching their pitch, and I cannot WAIT to get my first Groove Book in the mail!  Check them out at groovebook.com, and the app is available for iphones and androids, so check itunes and google play to upload the app to your phone!


-These beautiful Mother and Daughter necklaces from Erin Pelicano on etsy.  Brantley, Grayson and I all have birthdays that fall within a month of each other, so I am thinking that this darling set of three necklaces will be perfect for our birthdays this year!  Especially since the girls are really getting into wearing jewelry, and this is something they can keep for a long time.  And I guess I'll just have to wear another necklace with this one in honor of Ben. :)


I am also loving this tote, these perfect aviators, these awesome family portraits, and this perfect cowl.  I could go on for days!
What are you loving right now?


Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. --Oh no-your glasses! Those little sneaky stinkers! Hope you find some cute new ones to rock.
    --And we love those water painting products, too! Similar to the Crayola Color Wonder products I blogged about the other day and with no clean-up--who doesn't love that? ;)
    --It's so funny you mention Groove Book because I saw the same thing on "the Tank" and thought...brilliant!! One of the tasks I tackled over Christmas break was to put together our 2013 Shutterfly book, and you're right, it took me DAYS and HOURS upon HOURS to get it just right. Those Groove Book peeps are geniuses. Why can't I think of something like that?
    --Clay gave me those exact KS aviators for Christmas, and I LOVE them!! Lightweight but pretty. Highly rec!
    --Can't wait to see you and the girls wearing those pretty necklaces. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...