Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday

Hello Friends!  It's that tie of the week again when I like to share the outfits I have been wearing this week, as a way to keep myself motivated to stay out of my jammies all day long, and get up, get dressed and get things done!  I am linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Get Your Pretty On as usual for What I Wore Wednesday!




I have to admit, most mornings I am still in my yoga pants and a pullover when I drop the girls off in the carpool line at preschool.  But, I always try to at least get dressed by the time I go pick them up!  This has been my uniform this winter: tunic, scarf, skinnies and boots.  It's my go-to formula for looking put together, while still being very easy to recreate every morning!


Brown Tunic- Groop Dealz
Skinny Jeans- Old Navy
Boots- From a Friend
Neutral Cowl Scarf- Gift (Urban Outfitters)




Another super easy outfit: Dress, scarf, leggings, boots.  


Gray T Shirt Dress- Old Navy
Neutral Cowl Scarf (YES, again, I LOVE this scarf!!!)- Gift (Urban Outfitters)
Gray Leggings- Gap
Boots- Fergie from Belk




We have had more cold, cold weather, and this sweater is SO warm.  I am all about layering up right now, since I really don't have as many sweaters as I used to.  The effects of living in the South versus the Midwest, I guess!


Aztec Cardigan- Gift (Lulus.com)
Chambray Button Up- Target
Hue Jeggings- Belk
Boots- Charlotte Russe




I made another tunic for myself, and am completely obsessed with this pattern.  It comes together really quickly, is so flattering, so versatile, and I am FINALLY getting it into my etsy shop!  It should be up by the end of today!  I made this one in chambray, and with black leggings and black booties, it wears like a dress and is a great blank canvas for fun accessories.  I love how it looks here with a bunch of bold necklaces...




...and here with my leopard scarf...




...and here with my new favorite scarf, my plaid flannel infinity scarf from my shop!  This one is up and available for purchase right now!  It comes in several different fabric options, and is SO warm and cozy, and right on trend in plaid.  There are so many ways to wear this tunic, and that's what I love so much about it.


Chambray Tunic- Goat & Lulu 
White Tank- Old Navy
Black Fleece Lined Leggings- Groop Dealz
Black Ankle Booties- Old Navy
Leopard Scarf- Etsy 
Plaid Infinity Scarf- Goat & Lulu 




Another easy outfit to pick up the kids.  This vest is SOO warm and easily subs in for a coat, and keeps my arms free to hold the kids, groceries, my purse, and the 400 things I have to take out of the car anytime we go in and out of the house. :)

Navy Tweed Vest- Gift (Old Navy)
White Tunic- Old Navy
Jeans- Jordache from Wal Mart
Boots- Fergie from Belk
Tassel Necklace- Amanda Macy Hall on Etsy 




Our church is kind of "anything goes" when it comes to a dress code, but I am pretty traditional in that I like to get dressed up for church.  Plus, I rarely have the opportunity to dress up, so I can get some wear out of all the dresses in my closet on Sundays!  I struggled with accessories with this dress.  The scoop neck is just begging for a fun necklace, but I decided that the leopard print was enough on it's own, and didn't need anything else or it would compete and be an overkill.  I instead wore a pile of bracelets and red lipstick, and I think I achieved a good balance!


Leopard Faux Wrap Dress- Belk
Black Tights- Target
Black Wedge Booties- Target



And lastly, this is what I wore for a casual mama's day out for a mani/pedi and coffee with one of my oldest friends!  I had flip flops in my purse so my toes wouldn't get mussed, but otherwise, I love these wedge booties, because they give me a (much needed) lift, but are super comfortable.  As is everything else in this outfit!
Cream Pleated Tunic- Shade Clothing
Neutral Cowl Scarf (yes, again!)- Gift (Urban Outfitters)
Polka Dot Skinny Jeans- Target
Tan Wedge Lace Up Booties- Target
So that's it for me this week.  What have you been wearing??  Any good outfit ideas?  Pop over to the link parties and get some more great ideas!
Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllll... your state shirt got me!!! I had to order one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got your order, Suzanne!! :) Thank you so much, it's going to be adorable!!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...