Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What I Wore Wednesday

Hello Friends!  Welcome to the first What I Wore Wednesday of the year!  Through all last December, I was so, so busy I had a hard time either getting dressed at all, or remembering to snap a picture of my outfit.  Then if I did get a picture, just writing a WIWW post was too time consuming.  So, I have a huge outfit post today, full of outfits from the holidays, a few here and there and in between, and recent.  So, enough talk!  Let me show you what I have been wearing lately. :)






One of my new favorite dresses.  I wore this faux wrap chevron maxi a few times during the holidays, to Brantley's Christmas program, and also to our family Christmas in Aiken.  It's comfortable, forgiving, and I love, love, love this dress.  I just added some necklaces and was done with it.  It hardly needs any accessories, the fabric speaks for itself!


Chevron Maxi- Groop Dealz
Gold Tassel Necklace- Amanda Macy Hall on Etsy
Laurel Necklace with the Kids Names- Lisa Leonard Designs


 


I have expressed several times that I don't love wearing coats, but this vest that I got for Christmas is so warm, I hardly need one!  I layered it with my green gingham button up and a navy and gray polka dot sweater, and it was perfect.  Next time, though, I think I'll wear darker denim with it.  It's a navy tweed, but in pictures it looks too similar to my medium wash denim jeans I have on here.  I still liked how this outfit looked and it really was very warm.


Navy tweed Puffy Vest-  Christmas Gift (Old Navy)
Green Gingham Button Up- Old Navy
Navy Sweater with Gray Polka Dots- Liz Claiborne from JC Penney
Jeans- Gap
Brown Ankle Booties- Target




Simple outfit showcasing another favorite Christmas gift, this neutral colorblocked infinity scarf!  It's so soft and cozy, and I have been wearing it almost everyday.  


Neutral Colorblocked Cowl- Christmas Gift (Urban Outfitters)
Gray Tunic T- Wal Mart
Skinny Jeans- Jordache for Wal Mart
Rose Gold Seqinned Ballet Flats- Charming Charlie's




How lucky was I with the best Christmas gifts?!  I saw this aztec cardigan month ago, and pinned it, and my mom did some recon work as she was buying our Christmas gifts, and got this off my pinboard!  It's also been great lately as it's been so cold, because it's a nice, heavy weight cardigan that's definitely kept me warm.  I love it with basics too, and can't wait to branch out and wear it with more.

Colorful Aztec Cardigan- Christmas Gift (Lulus.com)
Gray Tunic T- Wal Mart
Skinny Jeans- Jordache for Wal Mart
Brown Riding Boots with Red Zipper- Macys
Gray and Gold Tassel Necklaces- Amanda Macy Hall on Etsy 




I check my daily deal website emails every morning, and I had seen this one several times, but by the time I would go to purchase it, it would be sold out.  FINALLY, I ordered it before it was all gone, and I have seriously worn this shirt over and over.  Knit but not clingy, and a twist on the typical chevron, it's a great basic, but with personality.




And yeah, I don't love to wear coats, but sometimes you just can't avoid it!  Another Christmas gift, I love this new military-style coat, and the olive green color.  I can make an exception for this one. :)


Navy Chevron Top- Jane.com
Skinny Jeans- Jordache for Wal Mart
Taupe Boots- Fergie at Belk
Olive Military Coat- Christmas Gift (Old Navy)




I have had this tunic pattern for months now, and I FINALLY had the opportunity to sew it for MYSELF!!  It was a lot of fun, really easy, and I was just pleased as punch with the way it turned out.  So much so that I already cut another one to sew, and can't stop thinking of cute fabric combinations to make more.  I will also be adding them to the etsy shop as soon as I get the chance to list them!


Gray Chevron Essential Tunic- Made by me :)
White Tank- Old Navy
Skinny Jeans- Jordache for Wal Mart (they were in heavy rotation!)
Taupe Boots- Fergie at Belk




We got back to going to church this past weekend, and it felt really good.  As much as I wanted to wear a dress, it was just TOO.COLD. and the pants won out.  But, surprise, surprise, when I tried these pants on as I was getting dressed, I was so happy that they fit!  I bought these after I had Brantley, and was working my way back to my pre-pregnancy weight!  So hooray, it only took me almost 16 months, haha!  About time!




I wore these shoes too, which haven't seen any action in quite sometime, though they used to be a favorite pair (you can tell from the wear on the toes, ha!).  It's funny how your shoe choices change and how often you wear certain pairs changes after you become a stay at home mom!


Black Sweater with Pearl Peter Pan Collar- Groop Dealz
Black Pants- Gap
Leopard Kitten Heel Pointy Toe Pumps- Bakers




I just kicked around in this and ran to the grocery store.  Easy, comfortable, and cute.


Blue and Gray Floral Tunic- Target
Gray Sweater with Toggles Closure- Shade Clothing
Skinny Jeans- Jordache for Wal Mart
Taupe Boots- Fergie at Belk




I wore this great gold dolman sweater outfit during the day on New Year's Eve.  Again, cozy and comfotable, and totally festive.

Gold Sweater- Belk
Hue Jeggings- Belk
Tan Ankle Booties- Target
Gold Tassel Necklace- Amanda Macy Hall on Etsy 




And this is what I wore for our "fancy" New Year's Party at home!  Brantley insisted that we each wear something "sparkly and fancy" so this fit the bill.  I actually got this gold sequinned jacket (which is now probably my most favorite thing that I own!) to wear to a Christmas party I ended up not being able to attend, so I knew I wanted to at least wear it once during the holidays!


Gold Sequinned Jacket- Kiki La Rue
Ivory Chiffon Tunic- Groop Dealz
Hue Jeggings- Belk
Red T Strap Wedges- Simple Addiction
Red Tassel Necklace- Amanda Macy Hall on Etsy 




And lastly, what I have had on the past few days.  Due to the popularity of the State Pride T Shirts for kids, I thought I would try them for adults as well!  I love how it turned out.  I just paired it with boyfriend jeans, my favorite gray sweater, and tennis shoes for a super casual look.


State Pride T Shirt- Goat & Lulu (coming to the shop later this week)
Gray Sweater with Toggle Closure- Shade Clothing
Boyfriend Jeans- Target
White One Stars- Target


That is it for today!  I feel officially caught up, and hope that I can maintain getting up and dressed and ready for the day again in the New Year. I will be linking up, as usual with The Pleated Poppy and Get Your Pretty On for lots of outfit and style inspiration.  Check it out!

Have a great rest of your day!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Lookin' good, momma! I meant to tell you how much I love that dress you wore to the Luton family Christmas. And guess what is the first item listed on Jane.com today? That color block chevron sweater! Oh, and Clay did the same thing for my Christmas shopping--perused my Pinterest page for my wanted items. Gotta love Pinterest! Now, I'm definitely going to make it a point to pin things I am drooling over. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linds! And yes, that's the sweater!! It took me like four times of trying before I could order it before it was sold out! And pinterest for sure comes in handy for shopping!! :)

      Delete
  2. You have SUCH great style - love all the looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, Ashley, thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. I love how you put all of these outfits together and you look great. I am still trying to lose my baby fat and my "baby" is 17 years old! Happy Hump Day - hopped over from I Feel Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  4. I love all of your outfits, and just wanted to tell you that I notice in this post that you are thinner! Am I right? I have seen you write about your baby weight, but you definitely look noticeably thinner, so congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicky! Yes, I have lost a bit of weight and I'm thrilled that you can tell, ha! :) Ben's almost 16 months, so it's about time! :)

      Delete
  5. I think this is your best WIWW yet!!! LOVE the churh outfit, the toggle sweater outfit, and the chevron.... I am stealing all of these looks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...