Tuesday, January 21, 2014

WATCH THIS VIDEO

We moms are very hard on ourselves.  When I think about the kind of mom I am, unfortunately, right away I start thinking of the negative.  I'm impatient.  I probably yell too much.  I think about what I'm not, instead of what I am.  I'm creative.  I like having dance parties.  I like for the kids to cook with me.  There are lot of good things about the mom I am, and the moms we all are, but sometimes we are just so critical, that it's hard to see the good right away.


If you are a mom, though, you need to watch this video.  Even if you're not a mom, it's so sweet, and worth watching.  Clearly, I'm not alone in identifying my weaknesses as a mother.  I think, maybe, it's only because we want the very, very best for our kids, and we know they deserve it, and we just don't know for sure that we are doing the best job that we can to give them all that they deserve.


But from the child's perspective, we are so much more than the shortcomings we see.  As the kids in the video share, we are pretty.  We are beautiful.  We are fun and fun to do things with.  We are their heroes.  We are their hearts.






So, even if you believe you are struggling with balance, with your temper, with confidence, if you're a perfectionist, or don't think you're a good listener, pat yourself on the back.  If at times you think you're not doing a good job, it means that you are doing a great job.  You're doing a good job, mama.  Your children love you and want to be with you, and what more could we ask for than that.


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...