Friday, January 31, 2014

Coffee Date Friday




Hey Friends!  What a crazy week this has been.  It is Friday, but all day yesterday all I could think is how much it felt like a Sunday, and we were getting ready to go back to school on Monday!  But, instead of being Monday, it's actually Friday, which is AWESOME!  It usually feels like the opposite, right?!


Anyway, I'll be linking up with Rags to Stitches today as usual, for our weekly chit-chat. :)


If we were meeting for coffee today...


...it would be only my second trip out of the house since Tuesday!  We have all had a bit of cabin fever since we have been stuck inside due to Snowmageddon/Snowpocalypse 2014 (check out yesterday's post if you're out of the loop).  And I would definitely suggest that we meet at Starbucks, since I have been craving my delish triple venti non fat lattes, and am about DONE with our cheap-o home brew!





...and speaking of Snowpocalypse 2014, I'd ask you about your experience!  Did you get suck in any of the nightmarish traffic?  Or know anyone that did?  Did you play in the snow or stay indoors, nice and warm?  The snow is pretty and all, but I'm ready for things to get back to normal.




...I would tell you how much I hate potty training!  Probably my least favorite part of parenting!  I just don't have the patience, plus, I think I have mommy ADD anyway, and can hardly stay on one task through to completion, and so remembering to go to the potty every 30 minutes for three days straight is my own personal hell.  My darling little Gracie girl decided yesterday that she wanted to wear her Dora panties, but she was not quiiiiiite ready to "tee-tee on the potty."  She got a pack of Dora panties in her stocking from Santa Claus this past Christmas, and we went through every pair yesterday before we switched back to diapers.  Really, though?  That's totally fine with me.  Diapers are far easier than taking her to the potty every 30 minutes, and she will get the hang of it before long.  I tell you though, seeing my sweet Gracie girl in big girl panties tugged at my heart.  She is growing up SO quickly, and all of a sudden it seems.  When I put her back in her diaper, I felt like I at least still had a little bit of time left with my sweet baby. :)






...I would tell you that we have a big, fun birthday party day tomorrow!  My sweet friend, Lauren's little boy is turning two, so we're stopping by his balloon birthday party on the way to my niece, Sally Kate's first birthday party!!  She's having an owl themed party, and was so happy when my sister in law asked if I would make her birthday dress!  So, I made her little owl peasant dress based off the colors of her party and the invitations, and then since my sister in law's birthday is TODAY, the day after Sally Kate's (Happy Birthday, Beth!), I made her a matching tunic as her birthday gift!  So, Happy Birthday to Matt, Sally Kate, and Beth, and we're excited to celebrate all of you tomorrow!




...I would tell you that on Monday, Ben had his 15 month well check (a month late), and he is a big, healthy boy!  27.1 pounds (89th percentile) and 33.75 inches tall (98th percentile)!!  Brantley was 26 pounds when she turned THREE!  He is our big boy, and we are so very proud. :)


And that would be about it from me!  As we concluded our coffee date, I'd give you a big hug and thank you for giving me a reason to get out of the house! :)  I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and hope to see you back on Monday!


XOXO!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I would say three cheers for:

    ...less money spent on diapers in your near future. Hooray!
    ...Bennett will be ready for some serious sports action soon. Yippee!
    ...Have fun at the birthday parties. Yahoo!

    And have a great, caffeine (and wine!) filled weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily we didn't get any of that snow & ice. But we usually do. I'm in New England. It's been really cold here. Just found your blog. I'm following you now.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...