Friday, January 3, 2014

Coffee Date Friday



Hello Friends!  Thanks for joining me for our weekly coffee date.  I'll be linking up with Rags to Stitches as usual, as I share my typical Friday coffee talk.


If we were meeting for coffee today...


...you would notice that I am much more rested, much less stressed, and much more relaxed than in weeks past.  The holidays are OVER, we have made our way into 2014, and things are getting back to normal around here.  As much as I really, really love Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years, by January 2nd, I am ready to box things up, sweep all the needles from my dead Christmas tree up off the floor, and move forward.  And I am so ready for that.  I'll be taking things down and boxing everything up this weekend, and I'm not looking forward to it, but I'm ready to have a clean slate!  And my Christmas tree has been crooked for about 3 weeks now, and driving me crazy, so I won't be so sad to see it go. :)


...I would tell you that I think, health-wise, we are all on the upswing.  FINALLY.  Scott had to go to the doctor, and ended up having a double ear infection and bronchitis.  All three of the kids we sick at least once, me once, and NONE of it was fun.  I really hope we can all stay healthy for a while, and give our immune systems a break!


...I would tell you that we had a fun, low key New Years this year.  The kids and I planned a "fancy" New Year's Party, and Brantley, Grayson and I had so much fun making decorations, buying and cooking "special party food," and making special drinks with flavored seltzer water and juice.  Brantley thought her "special drink" was the coolest thing ever.  The girls dressed in their princess dresses, and I donned sequins, and they shook their little noisemakers until bedtime.  Then, Scott and I busted out the wine and champagne, flipped between movies, football and New Years coverage, and hung out together.  Oh, and Scott chased some neighbor kids through the yard that kept ringing our doorbell, but that's another story for another time.  Fun was had by all.  :)


...I would tell you about another awesome tv show that I have been watching.  Orange is the New Black is a show about Piper, a late 20 or early 30-something privileged woman who goes to prison for being a drug mule 10 years prior.  It chronicles her life in prison, and the stories behind all the women she comes to know in prison.  It's an awesome show, and I just finished the first season.  It's a Netflix exclusive, but you get your first month for free when you sign up, if you don't already have Netflix, so you can cram those 13 episodes into a few days like I did and then cancel if you want.  It's totally worth it.  Oh, and I also watched the first season of House of Cards, another Netflix exclusive.  It's about a congressman and all the politics and goings-on of high powered politicians in Washington.  SOOO good (especially if you're into politics), and obviously lots of drama.  A little scary, though, because it totally makes you wonder if that's really how Washington works, and if it's really as corrupt and scandalous as the show makes it out to be.


...I would ask you what you have planned for this weekend, and if you're making any resolutions for the New Year.  I would ask you if we could meet for coffee again tomorrow, because I have had cabin fever lately since we'd been quarantined due to all our germs!  I would also ask you if you have a good babysitter, because I need a date night with my husband, and a good girl's night too!


I hope you have a great day, great weekend, and hope to see you back on Monday!  Cheers!


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. New reader via Alissa's coffee date link up! Your kids are precious! And love orange is the new black...totally watched the whole season back to back within a few days! Watched one or two house of cards and didn't get sucked in, but I'm going to give it another shot. Have you watched Scandal? So good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela! Scandal is another one of my very favorite shows!! You definitely need to try House of Cards again, I think it totally picks up mid-season. Thanks for visiting! :) :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...