Friday, December 6, 2013

Coffee Date Friday







Hello friends!  Thanks for stopping by today.  I'll be linking up with Rags to Stitches as usual, for our weekly coffee date. :)


If we were meeting for coffee today...


...it would be at my house, in our pajamas, with lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of coffee.  There have been lots of busy days and long nights lately, and my caffeine addiction is getting me through right now. :)


...I would tell you that God revealed himself to me this week, and it was really profound.  I have been struggling to get all my Goat & Lulu Christmas orders out.  Missing out on family get togethers, missing out on time with my kids, the aforementioned late nights, and I was starting to get really stressed out and completely overwhelmed.  Like, throw your hands up and quit overwhelmed.  So the other night I just started to pray.  I talked to God about how overwhelmed I was, how I needed help getting through this difficult and stressful and pressure-laden season.  I left my troubles at his feet.  And afterwards I felt like a burden had been lifted from my shoulders.  The next day, several things fell into place, I unexpectedly got help with a few things I really needed, and I felt like I was back on track.  Never have I been so moved and so humbled by what God can do.  I try to control everything, to do everything myself.  I have a very hard time asking for help from anyone.  But we are not meant to get through hard times alone.  I have had so much help lately from family and friends, and I am so appreciative.  And then when I ask God for help, and let him bear my burden for me, he helps me through.  What an amazing lesson.


If we were meeting coffee today, we could get back on a lighter subject, and talk about Christmas shopping!  Have you finished?  Have you started?  I'm maybe halfway done, maybe not quite.  And every single thing has come from online shopping.  It's just so much easier!  I do want to get out and brave a mall or shopping center or something, just to get in the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season and all, but the majority of my shopping is going to start and stop on my computer.


I would have to cut it short today, as I have LOTS of cutting and sewing to do!  I'll be sewing alllllllllll weekend, so lots of little cuties can be dolled up in Goat & Lulu pajamas on Christmas morning. :)


Hope you have a great day and a fantastic weekend!


XOXO

Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...