Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

So, between 2 sick kids, then getting a yucky cold myself, the cute outfits were pretty few and far between this week.  I had a WIWW mama fail this week, and totally went to the grocery store in my pullover hoodie and yoga pants (that I may or may not have worn the day before and also slept in), but I am finally on the mend, feeling a bit better, and wanting to look cute again.  


So here's my two decent outfits of the week:




I am not tall.  I am, in fact, short.  5'3" on a good day.  But, I am very particular about the lengths of my shirts, and like them long.  So, if a store offers it, I often buy/order long or tall shirts to ensure that even if it draws up a bit after laundering, my shirts will not be too short.  Gap and Old Navy are pretty good about offering talls, as this shirt is.  It hits at the perfect place for me, and being a very basic, neutral cream blouse, I have already built countless outfits around it in my head.


Cream Blouse- Old Navy
Olive Skinnies- WalMart
Brown Boots with Red Zipper- Macys
Tortoise and Rhinestone Necklace- GroopDealz




Tuesday night I was lucky enough to be able to participate in a "Shopping Night" fundraiser to benefit Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, our local rockstar children's hospitals (and my former employer!).  So I packed up all my Goat & Lulu samples, table and displays, and headed into the city to play shop vendor for the night.  It was a lot of fun, I met some new friends, was able to spend a little time with an old friend, and raise some money for a wonderful organization.  So I wanted something a little different and festive, so I wore this mustard pleated shift dress with the black lace peter pan collar, and LOVED it.  I was comfortable (except for my wedges, which while cute, are not easy on the feet), and felt good.  And I love to take advantage of dress-up occasions, even if pretty much everyone else was in jeans.  Better to be overdressed than underdressed, though, my mom taught me. :)


Pleated Mustard Shift Dress with Black Lace Collar- All Things Lovely
Ruffled Black Cardigan- INC from Macys
Black Tights- Target
Black Bootie Wedges- Target
Large Stone Pendant- Stella & Dot (I know, I know, I wear this necklace all the time)


So, that's all I got this week.  As usual, I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy and I Feel Pretty for style and outfit inspiration.  Here's to feeling well again!


Pin It

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Girrrrrrrrrrrllllllll.. you know how to rock an outfit I'll tell ya!!! I love seeing how you put pieces together...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...