Friday, November 29, 2013

Coffee Date Friday: Scenes from Thanksgiving

Prepping, about 9 am 

Cornbread for the dressing, my favorite part

Boiling the spuds for mashed potatoes, cooking the green beans and squash

Getting a picture of all three is tricky, especially when everyone is hungry :)



Turkey breast, rolls, green beans

Mashed potatoes, squash, cornbread dressing

Cranberry Sauce, Pumpkin Pie

My delicious plate :)

Gracie getting ready to dig in 

Ben actually digging in :)

And Brantley enjoying hers too :)

Monk stole a few leftovers off the table :)

Monk and his favorite person in the whole wide world

My first homemade pumpkin pie

Enjoying a fire, and a nap!

And this sick little snugglebug got a nap on mommy's shoulder

And Daddy's too :)

Hi Friends!  Thanks for stopping by for Coffee Date Friday.  I'm linking up with Rags to Stitches as usual, to share our Friday chit-chat.


If we were meeting for coffee this morning, it would likely be in my kitchen or living room, and served with a slice of my pumpkin pie leftover from yesterday. :)  There's nothing quite like pie for breakfast.  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, but my poor Gracie girl is so sick, and needed lots and lots of snuggles.  Good thing we stayed home, just the 5 of us, and really didn't do anything other than hang around, watch tv, take a few naps, eat, and just relax.  Exactly what we needed.


If we were meeting over coffee, I would ask you if you were headed out into the madness of Black Friday shopping!  I had actually thought about taking Brantley out somewhere easy, just the two of us, but with Gracie so sick, I may just stay home.  Just as well, anyway.  I worked so many years in retail (like 13!), and had to work soooo many early Black Friday mornings, that it has lost it's appeal for me.  And don't even get me started about stores that opened on Thanksgiving.  Is nothing sacred anymore?  Like I said, I won't even get started.  But, I have been out (without having to work) on Black Friday a few times, and it's fun and all, but I'm not about to camp out or wake up at 5 to go shopping.  I'd just rather stay in my jammies and do my shopping online, and that's what i plan on doing!


I'd ask you if you had a nice Thanksgiving!  Did you travel or stay home?  Spend it with extended family or friends, or just with your immediate family?  Small or big?  What did you eat?  Did you make traditional family favorites or try some new recipes?  Scott and I struggled in the kitchen first thing this morning as we were deciding how to cook the turkey. :)  We both are very particular about how we cook, and while I like to cook by myself, he likes me to be his sous chef.  I think it plays into the fact that we are both first borns, and both like to do things our way.  When I cook, I like to cook.  When he cooks, he likes me to cook with him.  That doesn't always fly with me. :)  But, we worked it out, he did the turkey and I did everything else, and it was all delicious.


Anyway, I'll keep it short and sweet today, since I'm sure if we were meeting for coffee, we'd both be anxious to either get back to our families, go shopping, or get back in our jammies and take a nap. :)  This weekend will be filled with online Christmas shopping, decorating and tree trimming, and LOTS of sewing for me.  Right after I finish my pie for breakfast. :)


Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and have a great weekend ahead!


Pin It


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...